1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That Satisfying Feeling

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Don M, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Don M

Don M

Apr 30, 2000
    Long travel day. First order of business when arriving at final destination: put the blade back in my Sebenza. I take the blade out and put it in my checked bag, and carry on the handle/pivot/washers. That way it costs less if my bag is lost.

Lube blade, slide the pivot/washers/blade assembly back into handle, tighten screw. Now that feels better, whole again.

Low_rez, A.S., JohnM and 8 others like this.
  2. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    I know the feeling, it's one only CRK owners and users can really relate to. The only 2 brands that i get that good feeling about when i break them down and put them back together are my CRK's and Cold Steels. They just go back together perfectly every time and have the exact same action and feel, they feel like tools. I like my spydies and benchmades too but they just require so much more tinkering to get back to how they were after breakdowns.

3. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    That is totally genius!

I know it is probably hard to believe because of all the bad press they get about fit and finish but; my Emersons always go right back together perfectly too.

4. GermanyChris

GermanyChris Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Mine did too and it uses standard stuff so I can go to knife maker supply website and buy just about anything I need. I didn't like the plastic washers so I went to midwest knife maker and bought some PB's for it can't do that with CRK

5. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    I don't disassemble my knife for travel, but I do look for the first opportunity to retrieve it from my checked bag as soon as I can and get back in my pocket. I am almost distracted until I can get it back on board.

A.S. likes this.
  6. Don M

Don M

Apr 30, 2000
    Update - My bags were actually lost on the return trip. It is early, and hopefully they show up. I had other important things in that bag, including a checked firearm. That alone flagged this lost bag in the system. We made it clear to them, and they apparently understood, that it is important for them to find the bag, that they are responsible for that firearm and anything anyone does with it is on them. I hope knowing this shakes some trees and they show up quickly. Frontier, BTW.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    Murphjd25 likes this.
  7. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Wow that is unbelievable. I hope they find your bag and VERY quickly.

8. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    They better get to looking! That firearm will hopefully help speed up the process for you.

9. Don M

Don M

Apr 30, 2000
    Update - the bags showed up. We are visiting my daughter who lives closer to the airport so we took a side trip to get them.

10. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Good stuff!