That scraping noise on the floor...

WEEEeelllll....maybe if you put a beard on Janet Reno, gave her a Chitlangi and a .45....NAWWWW...still won't work :rolleyes:

The quality of repartee seems to be deteriorating to the level of a snakes belly in quicksand

My new bowie should come in handy if I encounter any flying bunnies;) ( did I say I just picked up a bargain? )

Hey Walosi, I hope you arent taking any fashion tips;)

And the guy who wanted the kamis to forge a magic pooper scooper wants classy repartee....Hmmmmmmm

Mike, I don't take fashion tips - besides, I already had my bath for this month.

A pooper scooper!?! Eeeeeee.

You bath once a month. Always knew you Americans had too much money.

Hell, I'll be waiting until next summer now;)

"You bath once a month. Always knew you Americans had too much money.

Hell, I'll be waiting until next summer now"

For some reason, I don't feel like going to England quite as much as before;)

For some reason, I don't feel like going to England quite as much as before;) [/B][/QUOTE] ...........................

In that case, don't even get downwind of France :rolleyes: :barf:

When everyone had a bath every Saturday or other designated day whether they needed it or not, with a 'spit'( by whatever name it was called.;)) bath thrown in every other night and in some cases every night to keep the odor in check somewhat.
And from what I can remember as a youngin and it being the custom of the day where everyone did pretty much the same thing I don't recall too many people that were overly ripe.
Although those that were, were very ripe indeed!!!!:barf:
(There was a couple of things about the personal habits of the ndns that the Europeans really found very amazing.
One that we bathed everyday and 2nd that we actually drank water. Most European cities water supplies at the time were too polluted to drink safely so that's where the beer and wine came in, So I've been told, haven't researched it for myself, got better things to do.:))

And back then if you had a #2 washtub you were probably a bit poorer than some people, #3 washtub you were in good company and a little further up the class ratings.
AND If you had one of the long tubs designed in particular as a real bathtub you were poopin' in tall cotton and wipin' on the top
leafs*.
(*Old coloquial Okie saying.:))
Never did have a bath in one of those.
What was really bad is that if you were 3-4 down the scheduled line for the weekly bath and had to use the water left by the rest of the family.:eek: :barf:
And to add insult to injury the water was usually cold by then as well.:rolleyes: :mad: :barf:

Do I remember? You gotta be kidding.

Number two tub on an open fire outside in the summer and on top of the wood burning kitchen stove in the winter. And a Sears catalog in the outhouse.

And, yes:barf:

Boy I remember the #2 wash tub in the smoke house and like Yvsa said you had a certin order to bath, by the time us boys got in the tub there was enough grit in the bottom to sand your rump raw:(. And oh yes the old sears catalog, those glosy picture pages were like John Wayne toilet paper, rough, tough and don't take crap off anybody :eek: :).

Originally posted by mgnew
And oh yes the old sears catalog, those glosy picture pages were like John Wayne toilet paper, rough, tough and don't take crap off anybody :eek: :).

Keith the word you really want is ndns.;)
I love all the ndn jokes. My favorite so far is probably the one called 'Two Dogs.' Can't tell it here, it's not for a family oriented website.;) :p :rolleyes: :eek: :D

"My favorite so far is probably the one called 'Two Dogs.'"

Yvsa, I know that one! LOL:D

Originally posted by MauiRob
"My favorite so far is probably the one called 'Two Dogs.'"

Yvsa, I know that one! LOL:D

:D

Kinda funny Rob. One of my buddies daughters remarked on their way home from a softball club meeting down around Tahlequah about what to call their new softball team. She said, "Daddy we could call it Two Dogs.":D :D
Needless to say everyone busted out laughing, couldn't help it. What really made it funny is that his daughter was only about 10 years old at the time.
Ndn jokes spread early in ndn country.:D

Oh yea, the trick to using the old catalogs was to tear off however many pages you thought you would need for the job when you 1st went into the outhouse and then while you were doing your business you sat there and crumpled them over and over and over again until they were butter soft.
That way the paper could take care of the job without chafeing even the most genteel bottom. I thought everyone knew that!!!!:rolleyes: :p :cool: :D

That's how we did it until my Cherokee Grandmother got sick of Sears and started buying "tailor made" toilet paper. She also had candles in the outhouse so you could see what you were doing at night and had a tool for clearing black widow spiders from under the seat.

Ah, yes, the good old days.

Our special tool was a tree limb standing in the corner. It was funny to see my city cousins that didn't know about crumpling the pages(they didn't know about green persimmons either :eek: :barf: :)).
I guess the best thing about the good ol days was we were all younger :).

"clearing black widow spiders from under the seat."U.B.

I know it isn't funny, but I had to laugh! My father in law's grand dad DIED from a black widow bite on his "boys"
:eek: :D

Back