That's right. We do nunchucks now.

Fletcher Knives

STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO
My grandfather is a 6th Dan blackbelt and had for many many years made custom nunchakus for his fellow martial artists. He had an entire lifetime of machining and fabrication experience to go along with his martial arts experience, and his nunchakus were known for being the best you could get. Everyone in his circles had to have the high quality nunchakus made by Jimmy Heard. My grandfather got to the point where he couldn't make them anymore and he had hinted around a few times that he wanted me to learn how to make them so I could keep the family nunchakus going. I managed to finish one set before he passed away on June 12. They weren't fancy, but they let him know I could do it correctly and that his nunchaku legacy would live on. I had to come up with a cool name for them and I decided on T.C. Chucks. The "T.C." part is for my grandfather. During his life, he did so much for his community and the state of Tennessee that they gave him the honorary rank of Colonel. So, the "T.C." stands for "Tennessee Colonel".

Now onto the chucks themselves. I wanted to bridge the gap between exhibition chucks and real defense chucks so we have a combination of speed chuck and practical use. There are four styles. All of them have 12" sticks and ropes set with a 2.5" gap, which is what I found to be the perfect size for speed and clearance. All of them have a completely internal attachment for the ropes that uses a brass cross-pin which has been peened in place. The chucks with studs will have either brass or nickle silver studs. I recommend all of them with the studs. They don't really change the balance and speed at all. They just make them more wicked on impact and they look really really cool. By the way, my granfather wasn't the only one who spent a good portion of his life studying martial arts. My own experience went into these too and I know my numbchucks.

1.jpg

1) Poplar 7/8" O.D. (outer diameter) which are much lighter and lightning fast, but don't hold as much inertia and impact force. These are more for exhibition and people who like to whip them around without hurting themselves as bad when they whack themselves. With studs, they only weigh 4.7oz.

2) Poplar 1" O.D., which are slightly larger, but still lightening fast. They carry a little more force, but still fit into the exhibition side. Some people just prefer a thick chuck for their hands. With studs they weigh 6.5oz.

onto the real deal...

3) Oak 7/8" O.D. These are where the lines between exhibition and practical self-defense chucks get blurred. They are still incredibly fast. They carry a little more weight so the inertia and impact force are getting somewhat nasty. Also, I have added studs to most of them which concentrates the impact to small points instead of just the entire stick, which causes a lot more damage. The weight without studs is 6.3oz., with studs is 7.2oz. These things hit really hard, so they work perfect for real world application. (trust me. we tested them.)

4) Oak 1" O.D. This is where we get serious. These chucks will annihilate a target. Even without the studs, these things hit REALLY HARD. They're still fast as hell, but they carry an incredible amount of impact force. Without studs they weigh 8.9oz., with studs they are 9.8oz. Seriously, these do damage. If you're looking for real nunchakus for practical application, these are pretty hard to beat. They are evil evil. That's double evil.

On this first run, we have a limited amount, but they are for sale. We will be doing A LOT more of these in the future. They're just too much fun to make and WAY WAY more fun to test. Some of the holes on this first batch might be slightly off center, but I assure you it does not effect function or strength AT ALL.

This is the only two sets of chucks I made without studs. Both are oak. I have one set large, and one set medium. Each set is $40 shipped to your door inside the Continental US. ($35 if you buy more than one set.) Both of these sets are SOLD!!
2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

A8.jpg

A9.jpg

Next up are the Poplar chucks. I have two sets of the large, both with nickel studs, and two sets of the medium, one with nickel studs and the other with brass. Each set of these is $45 shipped to your door inside the Continental US. ($40 if you buy more than one set.)
6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Next are the large oak chucks with studs. I have one set with brass studs and one with nickel studs. Each set of these is $45 shipped to your door inside the Continental US. ($40 if you buy more than one set.) Both of these sets are SOLD!!
A1.jpg

A2.jpg

A3.jpg

Last but not least are the medium size oak chucks. These are my personal favorite. I have 3 sets of these available. All of them have nickel studs. Each set of these is $45 shipped to your door inside the Continental US. ($40 if you buy more than one set.)
A4.jpg

A5.jpg

A6.jpg

A7.jpg

Alright guys! These are available if anyone wants some! Buyer is responsible for knowing their local laws concerning these products.

Last edited:
Back