The 7" Blade Test is on hold.

We had to delay the 7" Blade test do to weather and other distractions
smile.gif

I go in for surgery on Thursday so it is highly unlike I will be able to preform the test this weekend either. The test will be rescheduled depending on how fast I recover.

I am having shoulder surgery do to an old Jet Ski injury back in 1994. Been on Tylox and beer for the last few months which may explain my actions in our custom forum
smile.gif

Any way look forward to the test soon.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

I'll be hoping for a successful operation and a speedy recovery. Just follow doctor's orders and you should be fine!

I may sneak a little prayer in there too! You just never know!
wink.gif

God bless.

Good Luck Mike, we're all pulling for you.

------------------
LD
"Every Dog Has His Day"
BFC Member Since October 2, 1998

So, how about loaning the doc the test knife?! ;o) He could at least get the test started for you!

[This message has been edited by knzn (edited 28 September 1999).]

kzdn - I always do that too regarding the smiley's....that red one comes out when trying to do a face....

You should be fine Mike, don't worry too much about the test, we can wait.

Just curiuos, are you going to test the Ka-Bar Next Generation after all?

mike-
Good luck with ths surgery. You will be in my prayers for a quick recover.
I can wait for tests.....although it will be tough
smile.gif

Cheers
luke

We're gonna hear Busse Basic 7" bends 70 degree on Mike's shoulder without breaking.
Ouch!
wink.gif

Good luck,
Dew.

Sorry to hear about the surgery. I hope that you recover. I had a shoulder surgery in '95 (4" rotator cuff tear) and it was a long recovery process. It was to my master shoulder, and I had to learn to do everything with my weak arm. Fishing worked out OK, but private matters in the john resulted in disgusting results. Good luck, you have my deepest sympathy.

Thomas Zinn

WOW Thomas not sure I want to go to surgery now
smile.gif

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

Actually, the surgery is great. You go to sleep cracking jokes with the nurse or whoever giving you the shot to knock you out. You wake up and go home.

The bad part are the times in the john.......

HeHeHe

Thomas Zinn

Mike - I've been 'out of commission' (hospital and a serious internal bleeding problem) also for almost a month now, so I understand completely. God's Best in the surgery and recovery!

------------------
Cutting through all the muck,
we get to what's really important.

John 3:3-7

God Bless You!

Mike:
Had rotator surgery 6 months before we met at the Blade Show, cuff was torn completly off and was reattatched with S.S. screws.
You might start the testing with your weak arm since you WILL become very proficient in using it. Also, don't push the repaired rotator to hard or you'll be having surgery again.
The morphene is good stuff too, you still hurt, you just don't care.

------------------
P.J.
P.J. Turner Knife Mfg, Inc.
Uluchet, What's an Uluchet? Find out at...
www.silverstar.com/turnermfg

Mike good luck with the surgery!
TYLOX. I remember that stuff well.
Ow! Pain! Hurt! Take a Tylox, pass out for three or four hours, wake up, Ow! Pain! Hurt! Take a Tylox, pass out for three or four hours. Wake up...
You take these with beer?!
Your more of a man than I am buddy!
I had to take it for a broken left distal radii and two dislocated wrists. Don't ask.
I'm praying for ya my friend!

------------------
If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid.

Ouch! Good luck on the surgery and even better on the recovery! I hope it goes well for you.

------------------
Paul Neubauer
prn@bsu.edu

Having had my share of shoulder problems (a rotator cuff that I just "tweaked" is just now getting back to normal after two months without surgery), including broken collarbones and ACL tears in the past, I can feel for ya. My best friends were Naprosin and percoset.
wink.gif
Worst yet is I happened to own a stickshift car with manual steering every time I had a bum flipper. Man, that sucks.
frown.gif

All the best to you, Mike, heal quickly and well, and let the chopping soon begin.

miscue, that sort of injury sounds familiar, as a friend of mine flipped a motorcycle over during a wheelie and received similar injuries as he bailed off and tried to catch himself. His, uh, "lavatory" stories were pretty gross and hilarious, as you can probably imagine.

------------------
Don LeHue

The pen is mightier than the sword...outside of arm's reach. Modify radius accordingly for rifle.

Good luck Mike... look forward to your quick recovery and fast return!

Back