The Al Mar website has been updated!!

Al Mar is gone. It is just another Chinese value knife line now. So be it. Al Mar had always been more expensive then what I wanted to pay for AUS8, or VG-10.
Despite the cost, I did get a Sere 2000 (VG-10) on the Exchange close to ten years ago, thank you very much. It was pretty impressive in hand. In retrospect, I wish I had bought an Eagle or two. I came close so many times.
I am interested in the new designs if they can perform like Civivi, Bestech, or Artisan Cutlery.
Unfortunately, I still haven't heard any buzz about these knives, nor have any popular YouTube reviewers spent the time, or money presenting this new value line. Despite the initial excitement IMO, the Kershaw/Al Mar collaborations were a HUGE fail.

Very disappointing. RIP Al Mar x2.

FYI. Heavily discounted Falcons can now be found out there. Looks like some places are liquidating their stock.

Just picked up a aus8 jigged bone falcon for $44.

Been wanting one of those but not at the original list price.

Just picked up a aus8 jigged bone falcon for $44.

Been wanting one of those but not at the original list price.

I bought their early made in China Al Mar Eagle. The functionality was definitely there and I enjoy using it but the F&F wasn't there at all. Would you be able to send us pictures and comments of your new one?

I believe (hope) that they nay have improved over time...

Vintage Al Mar

beautiful-girl-dark-chocolate-color-260nw-577280440.jpg

Current Al Mar

40214056-grumpy-old-lady-with-a-shopping-cart-cartoon-character.jpg

N2s

They were one of my favorite companies back in the 1980's. The real AL MAR is long gone and most of the knives are made in china. I will never buy an Al Mar knife again.

The collector in me wants the jumbo Quicksilver and I'll probably pick up a Stinger as I like D2.

I was curious about the new Al Mar Classic knives and when they went on sale I picked up a honey jigged bone Falcon. This is the only knife in the new line that I liked.

The packaging is nice; if you’ve ever bought an I-Phone you’ll recognize this style.

I have a Seki Ultralight and an FM Sere and honestly the fit/finish on this Chinese Falcon isn’t far behind. The action was a little stiff but wore in with a little oil and use. I’m going to slap a Keysmart clip on this and carry it.

If you don’t object to Chinese knives for your own reasons, you can’t go wrong with one of the Classic Series knives. Given what a Japanese jigged bone Falcon will cost you...if you can find one...these Chinese Classics are a great alternative. To me they capture the genuine feel of an Al Mar folder.

I’ll add some pictures and let the knife speak for itself.

Last edited:
The quality has definitely improved since I bought my Eagle!

They are almost there but the separation between the back of the blade and the back spring must be invisible when the blade is filled open.

Then, they will have reached the same level!

The quality has definitely improved since I bought my Eagle!

They are almost there but the separation between the back of the blade and the back spring must be invisible when the blade is filled open.

Then, they will have reached the same level!

I think you are expecting a bit too much from a $45 knife

If you want an al mar, get the nemesis ones. They are pretty good for around $70

I actually picked up one of the Chinese Eagles somewhat accidentally (thanks for the dealspot @T.L.E. Sharp :rolleyes:;))...it's actually damn decent aside from the offcenter blade. It'll make a great handle for an Eagle HD ZDP-189 blade and lockbar though, an Eagle Classic HD ZDP-189 Talon if you will:cool:

Back