The Andaman Swipe

I decided to make a film about a knife....that didn't work out, so I made a knife for a film and that turned out better.

The "plot" describes the philosophy of the mechanical advantages and properties of the construction and the knife, ... as there would be:

Heat treatment and geometry are more important than the alloy, the sense and purpose of real ferrules in hdden tang knives, the advantages of a laminated wooden handle,

the high performance, the handling, the balance, and last but not least the advantages of the sheath and its structure.

Capturing the atmosphere of the environment and making own audio tracks was indispensable and vital....

so, here is the film about this knife, it was an unbelievable amount of work, took me 1 1/2 years to make and ruined 2 1/2 cameras and my PC is drowning in a chaos of

files, folders, audio and video tracks and pieces....I even cannot remember what they are all about, but that's not important anymore.....

here it is,... 30 minutes of "spiritual" distraction

stay healthy

Cheers

129694-as1-jpg

129695-as2-2-jpg

129696-as3-jpg

129697-as4-jpg

129698-as5-jpg

129699-as6-jpg

129700-as7-jpg

129701-as8-jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing... Often we don't get to know the makers, with the film we got an insight to both the knife and the maker.. :thumbsup:

Back