The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

The one listed for $1100 didn't seem to move, so I'd say that's the upper end. The one at $875 went pretty quickly, so I'd put that at the lower end... Either way it's getting close to the price that I'd have to let mine go.
I'm torn: I think even $875 is far too much for a knife that size, but I couldn't fathom selling it for a price that I would think reasonable. The CPK boot dagger is THE knife that made me decide that a safe queen or two isn't morally reprehensible...

I'm torn: I think even $875 is far too much for a knife that size, but I couldn't fathom selling it for a price that I would think reasonable. The CPK boot dagger is THE knife that made me decide that a safe queen or two isn't morally reprehensible...
It's so hard because as the prices get crazier, you start to think you're crazy to not sell it, but then you pick it up... And you just can't let it go...

I think I'd let my K18 go before my Boot Dagger, and I can't replace that one, either!

I had a non-knife-guy guest over last week. He quickly looked over a big display of more than 40 knives including several large and unusual pieces. He went straight for the CPK boot dagger..."this one is pretty cool".
NOT FOR SALE!!
Every now and then I basically start my collection entirely over, but I am thinking my Boot Dagger is a lifer.

You guys are crazy. I know I have to do a big sell off soon because of the baby but all I’m thinking about is how not to sell any Carothers.
I think I'd sell all my collection of knives if I were badly enough off, except the Boot Dagger. I'll be the best-armed hobo under the bridge first. I'd be like... "FOOL, DO NOT MAKE ME SULLY THIS KNIFE WITH YOUR DIRTY BLOOD."

I'd rather not be stuck at all....but with a boot dagger , in a non lethal spot, especially if it's left in place. .....win?
knife-skull.jpg

"You shoulda seen the other guy!"

In addition to the standard UF, I will also offer a double edged version of it. The sale will be for a rear bevel ground onto the standard, but if there is much interest I'll do a double edge variation instead.
Nathan, could you tell me about the differences in the grind variations from the double edge variant to grinding a rear bevel onto the standard ?... Like is there that much of a difference or is it mostly cosmetic ? Thanks again for your time !

FRC505 aka Frank Cervantes

Will there be a pre order for the signature series ones? I'd love to get in
Unfortunately, if there are only going to be 100, I doubt it will be a preorder. It'll be in one or more server-crashing sales.

In this case, I'm REALLY hoping that the sales are in batches of at least 50 to give me a small chance. I tried and missed TWICE, with the boot daggers. 😫

Unfortunately, if there are only going to be 100, I doubt it will be a preorder. It'll be in one or more server-crashing sales.

In this case, I'm REALLY hoping that the sales are in batches of at least 50 to give me a small chance. I tried and missed TWICE, with the boot daggers. 😫
I hope for one, the standard ones can be fought on the Fridays

Back