The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Whuuuuuuuuuuut?

That is so exciting! It's a Blade Show that I can make it to! ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!

I mean, we already get the OKCA show in Eugene in the spring, this is awesome... Except, if I get accepted to the PhD program I am hoping for I might be in Texas. :(:eek: Blade is coming to Oregon for my birthday and I might be leaving? This is awesome/tragic.

Well, good news/bad news. Turns out I don't have to worry about missing the Oregon Blade Show :):(

There are still silver linings, even if you don't get into the PhD program you wanted.

Hey Nathan,

Since the proto MCs are spoken for and soon to be out of the stable, will there be a pre-order for the initial production run of that model? If so, how far down the road might that be?

Thanks!

Hey Nathan,

Since the proto MCs are spoken for and soon to be out of the stable, will there be a pre-order for the initial production run of that model? If so, how far down the road might that be?

Thanks!

I'm not sure what our next pre order will be. It could be the MC, or the FK2, the UF etc. We'll have to figure that out once the EDC2 pre-orders are finished shipping.

I'm not sure what our next pre order will be. It could be the MC, or the FK2, the UF etc. We'll have to figure that out once the EDC2 pre-orders are finished shipping.

Very interesting! Have the FK2 and / or the new UF version gone beyond the White Board to-do-list?

I didn't see this answered in previous threads; any change of offering a run of the EDC2 in D2?

I'm loving my EDC in D2 as a small skinner but I just received my EDC2 and I really dig the improvements and new blade shape! I'm thinking the EDC2 would make an AWESOME skinner with it's improved belly.

I didn't see this answered in previous threads; any change of offering a run of the EDC2 in D2?

I'm loving my EDC in D2 as a small skinner but I just received my EDC2 and I really dig the improvements and new blade shape! I'm thinking the EDC2 would make an AWESOME skinner with it's improved belly.

These are what I could find. Seems some lobbying is needed by the D2 lovers among you guys to warm Nathan up to the idea:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-ask-nathan-a-question-thread.1425245/page-75#post-17764257

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-ask-nathan-a-question-thread.1425245/page-75#post-17764267

Thanks Matt! I hereby promote you to "assistant-moderator" status.

Those threads make me think the FK2 and EDC2 (both in D2) would be the ultimate hunting combo. :D

Thanks Nathan. I'll take that to mean that there will likely be a pre-order on it at some point, but don't know if it will be next. As for the three you mentioned, I would be in on all of them, so, I will sit here patiently...........for the most part.

Nathan, will the UF be a revised version or the same as the original design? I would be super keen for it either way.

Is the cutting geometry similar on the UF and the shiv?

No. The Shiv is primarily an indestructible stabbing weapon and could be used to pry open a glove box or open a hole in a wall etc.

I collaborated with a very practical minded Green Beret with multiple deployments who wanted something light and compact for the Utility Fighter. It's a useful cutting tool and an effective weapon but I wouldn't try to pry open any doors with it.

Back