1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Bush Hermit thread

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Bmurray, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    I love the visual show threads so why not start another for possible the knife with the best handle design.

[​IMG]

2. ShanghaiJer

ShanghaiJer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2014
    I've got one on the way ... can't wait to post pics once it arrives!

3. Guhul

Guhul Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    Scandi Hermit

[​IMG]

4. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    When Andy first announced the BH he posted an OD over natural with blue stripes that I don't think has gone up for sale. That would be my choice!!

5. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Excellent idea!!! :D :D :D Here's mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bmurray likes this.
  6. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    AKA, The Culprit.

[​IMG]

:D

~ P.

7. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    I know there are more of these out there

8. SA Condor

SA Condor Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2014
    The Bush Hermit is on the top of my most wanted ever since Andy and Southern Gent let me see theirs at Trackrock! Someday!!

9. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    About six months ago, I got the opportunity to borrow one of the early Bush Hermits from my good friend Peter. I wrote about that experience and how impressed I am with the Bush Hermit in this thread:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...int-Maverick-Comparison?highlight=Bush+Hermit

At the end of the thread, I mentioned that I had just scored my own burl handled Bush Hermit on a Fiddleback Friday thread. The purchase was a little unusual for me because I seldom buy wood handled knives any more. When I showed my wife pictures of the knife on the Friday thread, she said that was the most beautiful Fiddleback she had ever seen. She asked who the lucky person was who scored it. When I said “me”, she smiled and told me that she wanted it to be "her" first Fiddleback. Since she has always been supportive of my knife hobby, it was easy to say OK. I told her this is an excellent choice for her first Fiddleback.

I am still on the lookout for a tapered 1/8” Bush Hermit with synthetic handles to call my own. If anyone :))) wants to sell one in black micarta with Koa bolsters, please let me know. ;) Until then, the search continues.

Phil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apocryphiliac and Bmurray like this.
  10. TPVT

TPVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2012
    i expect i will own a bush hermit one day. as B said, i am drawn to the handle shape. it looks like one i really want to try. the pics only affirm those thoughts. thanks. :thumbup:

11. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    It's a bigger work knife for sure. Nice full handle

12. TPVT

TPVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2012
    yeah, i like a fuller grip from spine to index finger, if you know what i mean.

13. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    That is the most awesome Bush Hermit yet. Congrats Phil

14. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Phil skunked me on the pretty BH so I had to settle for this old thing. ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Apocryphiliac and Bmurray like this.
  15. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator

Oct 19, 2005
    Love this thread. The Bushhermit is my favorite model in a long time. I carry an Osage Orange dud that had tearout around the bullseye tube. For a long time I didn't think I'd come up with a better bushcrafting knife than the Bushfinger, but I think the Bushhermit is better.

Bmurray likes this.
  16. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    what do you know?:rolleyes:

17. M4Super90

M4Super90 Biochemical Superfreak Platinum Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Here's some pics of mine form a recent trip. It has certainly become favorite for me as well. I think this one is going to Africa with me this summer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. bear71

bear71 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 17, 2013
    This thread inspired me to get the Camelthorn 'Shermit out. The handle shape is really becoming a fave of mine.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bmurray and Wondering Wildcat like this.
  19. Southern Gent

Southern Gent Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Loving the CT! This has been my most used pattern for awhile now. Orion, I think you were looking for one of these [emoji3].

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oyster, Bmurray and Wondering Wildcat like this.
  20. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Heck yeah Justen! That's got to be one of my favorite Fiddlebacks, to date. Glad to see it surface! Looks like you've been getting some use out of it! :thumbup: