The Busse blade

The other day when using my Jackyl on a coyote I had just bagged I had time to reflect on the marvelous tool I had in my hand.I was using this tool in a fashion in which it really was not designed for and was quiet impressed with the results.You see many knives that are designed for skinning only,but are not much good for anything else.I was a little aprehensive at first when approaching this 35 lb.carcass with a combat utility tool rather than an upswept hunter,needless to say the SJ successfully removed a rather valuable hide with absolutely no prob at all.The blade length offered excellent reach when reaching in to the under arms and neck area.The coating on the blade offered xcellent blood protection and the handle slipped not once.But as I skinned I thought of how infrequently people do this anymore with their blades(although some still do).More and more people are using their knives in a utilitarian fashion than ever before.This is where I feel Busse is right on the mark for setting the trend in future knife styles and designs.For example one of the attributes of Busse blades that scared me off for a while was the blade thickness.I thought why so thick and heavy?The user of the future will be much more likely to pry open a door of a car or home than to skin a grizz.The user of the future combat enviroment will also be more likely to dig sand or use the spine to bust block or as ablunt instrument.The edge configuration also is very adaptable,but not solely applicable to urban enviroments in that it offers excellent retention when cutting into cans or metal or being able in a pinch to be fixed on a rock or piece of steel in a hurry when damaged.The handle is impervious to any pressure or heat or chemicals,and the pommel is self explanatory in its INFInite uses.The holes in the handle allows the user to lash or tie the knife to their hand or sheath or to any other object desired.The Busse has obvious advantages over your typical high priced combat knife.I always get a chuckle though when on several occasions when fileting fish my filet knife buddies knives get dull I continue undisturbed with my Busse.Even though a thick knife it is an xcellent fileter in that it prohibits you in slicing through the skin an ruining the filet.Even though the majority of action my blade sees is fish, game and wood its nice to know I have the option and ability to do anything or go anywhere with one blade.Just my humble ramblings.

Satin Jack is my favorite....

It will do it all.

Heard a rumor that it's coming out in 3/16th;)

Hi,

A Satin Jack in 3/16", WOW, but please pick a number as I would like the Zero Tolerance Sets finished first :rolleyes:.

Best Scouting wishes from Holland,

Bagheera

Marsupial, Great story!! Nice to see other uses for Busse
blades. It would be great for Busse to bring out a smaller,
thinner knife for us hunters!!! 3 1/2 to 4 inch, 3/16th inch INFI Busse Hunter!!! A man can dream!!! :(

Hi all,
Just thought I would throw in my two cents! I used my natural outlaw to gut and drag my fathers deer this year. It was much too large for this but, it worked. I also used my lean mean street on another deer. This was the perfect size! I really had great control of the knife while skinning and gutting. Anyone know what to use to get the blood stains out of the micarta??? Mine seem to have a redish color to them now. thanks

mell73, when I asked a while ago what to use in cleaning micarta many people told me to just wash over and over again with mild soap and warm water. When I prepared the Thanksgiving Turkey for cooking a good amount of blood from the thawed bird got in the micarta. However after three or four washes it looked like new after drying.

Mell
Usually a mild dish soap and a Brillo pad does the trick for me, you might want to try it if you haven't already. They will probably look like they are dried out, but that is just how they look clean ;):D

I removed blood with a solution of clorox and water,dont leave in to long though or it can lighten the micarta

Back