The Busse Custom Shop Is Proud To Introduce The Field Grade CRAB DROP . . . It Is Coming, This Sunday, June 25, 2023, at 9:00 PM Eastern.

Jerry Busse

From the Busse Custom Shop comes a killer cool drop point design in Field Grade that we call the "Crab Drop". This super lightweight fixed blade comes in lighter than most similar-sized folders at only 4.3 Ounces!

It is coming this Sunday, June 25, 2023, at 9:00 PM Eastern to both the Busse Combat and Busse Custom Shop websites.

Made from deep-cryo treated ELMAX steel.

This design has previously only been offered in full custom shop dress.

This Field Grade edition features a winning combination of excellent edge-holding and stain resistance in an extremely lightweight package!

The Diamond Quilted Micarta handles offer a slip-resistant grip in all conditions.

This knife is destined to become one of your all-time favorite go-to slicers!

This Field Grade Edition sports a Stonewashed Blade with Black Canvas Micarta handles.

Let's Drink!

Jerry

Crab Drop Specs:
OAL: Approx. 8 1/4"
Blade Length: Approx. 3 3/4"
Blade thickness: Approx. .090"
Bevel: High Saber Flat
Steel: ELMAX
Hardness: 59-61 Rc
Weight: 4.3 Ounces

Price: $197.00

Stonewashed Crab Drop with Black Canvas Micarta handles
crab drop.jpg

😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳

Can’t resist on this one !!!!!

Dagnabbit! I have no more organs to harvest and sell.
Congrats to those who get this one. Looks like a winner.

Yep, the concept is too good to pass up. One for the kitchen, one for the pack.

This sure resembles a Game Warden but in ELMAX not INFI. I scored a Crab Trail from the Custom Shop last month and I haven’t taken it off my belt since.
The Busse ELMAX seems to be permanently sharp. Under 2 skins this is a great offer. 😎

Something must be wrong with Busse custom website. Says I can have item (Crab Drop) in my cart shipped to my address? Had to order it from regular Busse site.

Last edited:
Captain Obvious here, but this is such a great looking little knife! Classic styling.

Picked up a Crab Trail awhile ago as it was too good to pass up but I think I may like this one a bit more. The drop point seems more friendly for the utilitarian tasks I'd be using it for and likely givers it a stronger tip being a taller blade in said tip area.

For those who've used Busse's Elmax extensively, does it lends itself well to farting around with wood, bushcrafting, carving, some harder utility type work and similar type things where the edge can experience side loading?

I've seen regular non-Busse Elmax offered on a lot of hard use blade so I'd imagine it's good to go (but still not to be confused with the purpose of INFI or SR-101) but then again, that still doesn't tell me a whole lot about how the very apex holds up under such loads and if it starts to lose its edge via micro-chipping.

I've seen some older videos of Busse D2 doing absolutely amazing things like being beat with a ball peen hammer and only denting and deforming but never failing and cracking in 2 pieces as so many other D2 blades would and have, so I imagine Busse's Elmax would blow me away in a similar fashion despite not ever using it to beat on as Jerry didn't design it for that.

Anyways, for those with experience, how's the apex hold up under harder use and what'd you use it on?

Captain Obvious here, but this is such a great looking little knife! Classic styling.

Picked up a Crab Trail awhile ago as it was too good to pass up but I think I may like this one a bit more. The drop point seems more friendly for the utilitarian tasks I'd be using it for and likely givers it a stronger tip being a taller blade in said tip area.

For those who've used Busse's Elmax extensively, does it lends itself well to farting around with wood, bushcrafting, carving, some harder utility type work and similar type things where the edge can experience side loading?

I've seen regular non-Busse Elmax offered on a lot of hard use blade so I'd imagine it's good to go (but still not to be confused with the purpose of INFI or SR-101) but then again, that still doesn't tell me a whole lot about how the very apex holds up under such loads and if it starts to lose its edge via micro-chipping.

I've seen some older videos of Busse D2 doing absolutely amazing things like being beat with a ball peen hammer and only denting and deforming but never failing and cracking in 2 pieces as so many other D2 blades would and have, so I imagine Busse's Elmax would blow me away in a similar fashion despite not ever using it to beat on as Jerry didn't design it for that.

Anyways, for those with experience, how's the apex hold up under harder use and what'd you use it on?

We have optimized the heat-treat protocol to make our ELMAX ideal for cutting and slicing.

That means your edge should be very resistant to micro-chipping under normal side loading.

Please note that these blades are very thin and the edge is VERY fine.

If you try prying too heavily with the ultra-thin ELMAX tip, you might end up with a bit shorter blade than you started with!

The good news is, that it doesn't really matter.

Because at the end of the day, it's still a Busse, and our warranty has you covered!!!

So have fun!

Let's Drink!

Jerry

Thanks Jerry!

I certainly don't plan to do anything stupid with it (that's what my INFI knives are for :D) but that warranty is something I should keep in mind more often when using it so as not to be afraid to really push it.

Back