The Cantina

Kevin the grey said:
You could all bow to me as King ! No warnings , no second chances . we will live under the law of 'guilty until tolerated to be innocent" Penalty for all crimes involve Kukkuri justice in one form or another . L:O:L

Are we going to need a new emoticon for Kevin then?

worship.gif

Two forums, huh? Works for me. I like it.

The "rules," condensed into two sentences: Mean people suck. Don't be mean.

Originally Posted by Kismet
Tolerance

Respect

Courtesy

I'm okay with these being the rules, or guiding principles. I don't want to see some lengthy manifesto of do's and don'ts become our "rule book".

Rules? We don't need no stinkin' rules!
<kicks the groin of the nearest Cantinista>

Um...sorry Edutsi...that was meant for the other guy.

Aw geez, now I feel guilty for diving out of the way:eek: :D I just had a mental picture of George on that Seinfeld episode where he pushes everyone down to get out of the birthday party after someone yells "fire":D

i have seen this occur with the early days of SFI. at first it started off as a single BB but as the community grew, it really wasn't feasible to keep track of all the topics. i miss those early days of SFI. it was much more of a friends & family type atmosphere.

i personally did not have an issue with the melding of khukuri related and off topic posts. i didn't even know it was an issue! it really did contribute to an atmosphere of camrodery... comrodery... (damn my spelling). yes, there were fights on occasion but the forum was always quick to reconcile.

but i think this is a good thing. it'll maintain the integrity of topics while letting us to really party down in the cantina!! woo hoo! i just hope that this forum stays alive and that history doesn't repeat itself as it did on SFI, where eventually the off topic forum and the general forum became inhabited by very different groups. this can be particularly relevant if the regular members start posting khukuri related topics in this forum. or that this forum dies altogether.

sorry for the grammar, my wife is chatting up my ear.

This is going to work. If a meteor hit BF, Yangdu would find a way to get HI forum and the Cantina up and running. The Cantina's going to be open come hell or high water, if she has to be renamed Casablanca and the Nazis invade France. Stick to Yangdu and the Cantina, and never worry about the place- place. We're in space anyway- electronic space.

munk

This feels like an episode of Star Trek- did we pass through a time-space anomaly and now there are TWO HI Cantinas?

Is one good, and one evil? :confused:

Mods, tell me which, so I can bookmark the evil Cantina. :foot:

Wierd stuff DOES happen on Halloween...

Ad Astra :(

Da Artsa :eek:

I think this is the best thing that could happen to us.

We have a place to be OT, and a place to be OT... :foot: Crap you know what I mean.

Anyway, "Change is good!" my old boss said, until he got demoted.

Anyway, "Change is good!" my old boss said, until he got demoted.>>>

my old boss said, until he got changed.

Not to worry.
Ths may turn out to be a God send.

munk

Ad Astra said:
Ad Astra :(

Da Artsa :eek:

Great, then my alter ego will be Drake. Jake's evil twin. I'll sport a VanDike devil beard and wear an eyepatch.
The only problem is Jake is pretty evil as it is.

Drake

Steely_Gunz said:
Great, then my alter ego will be Drake. Jake's evil twin. I'll sport a VanDike devil beard and wear an eyepatch.
The only problem is Jake is pretty evil as it is.

Drake

It IS a problem.

Most of us already have facial hair and are fairly evil.

It's a tossup which Cantina to hang in. :confused:

Da Rasta, or whatever

OOPs :

Just thought of a problem. In the old way a new person would arrive in the forum by one means or another, and be greeted by all that.....stuff.
In the middle of his technical question he saw people talking and laughing about a Duck. He was curious, so he started reading....

Today: A guy comes into HI forum and see's all the data he wanted on Khuks. This is nice. He knows there's another room where undoubtably the 'in' crowd hangs out and he's not going to go there right away.

munk

OK. I can't fix what's right in front of my toes today, but I can tell my feet to head in the right direction. After years of pain and torment, the student staggers towards the Master, coughing, dripping blood from numerous wounds, and asks, "..Now Master..Now, please tell me the Answer to all of Life's questions."

"It's going to be OK."
"That's it??!!"
"Yep."

munk

Dave Rishar said:
What ever happened to, "Bad Astra"?

Sounds like a pretty cool name for an alter ego to me.

That's an excellent evil alter ego name:)
I was gonna go by Drake Dharkhart, but i thought that sounded too much like something from a 1984 British punk band. Just Drake is fine with me. I haven't shaved in a few days, so I tried on an eyepatch. My wife caught me. She just sighed, rolled her eyes:rolleyes: , and gave me a look like "It's gonna be a LONG 50 years with you."

Does this count as thread drift?

Jake

I will be King Ralph the Destroyer, killer and bartender for hire.

Or maybe, just "John"

Back