The chase is finally over~~~~~~

bacustomknives

FULL THROTTLE / FULLTIME KNIFE MAKER
Well after uncountable hrs in the treestand during this archery season,I finally got the chance to take the one of the smartest deer I ever hunted.This thing was nocturnal, Showed up only at night. I passed on countless bucks just waiting for the 1 chance.Well I got it yesterday eve.These fronts were moving in with rain an snow , Figured the deer would move. After I hit the stand about 2pm the wind picked up blowing about 15 mph, I was ready to climb down within an hr,I told myself stick with it the deer will move,I was freezing but I stuck it out for the haul. At 4:15 I spotted the deer coming toward me stopping every few steps winding things with its nose in the air.After about a 10 min wait I got my chance.I drew back my bow and it was over that fast. End of story.

Good looking buck......How much did it weigh?.......Show the knife you used to field dress......spent my time in a ground blind with grandson during youth hunt......carl

Very nice deer. Looks to be 120 to 130's. You should hold a contest to see who can guess the gross or net BC score. Winner gets cold beer.

Well worth the wait. Especially with a bow.

Ill know this eve what it green scores headed for the taxadermist

Nice looking rack, congrats.

Persistance pays off!Congrats Bill,he's a beauty fersure.

I have kicked myself a few times for giving up & climbing down from my stand early only to jump a deer that was close by.
No bruisers like yours,but I still kicked myself....

Nice job Bill! So far, I've been skunked this year, but there's still time left with the bow.

rifle season starts tomorrow and runs through the 15th with a second chance January 3-12.

Back