The Cheburkov Channel--Picture & Discussion Thread

ursa08 ursa08 is Vlad? That's cool. I think your Russian accent is really cool. I enjoy the videos where you talk more than just the silent overviews, and thanks for the Blade Show Videos. (That Antique Shiro is beautiful btw.) Did you film anything on Cheburkovs Table at Blade? Or just Shirogorov?

ursa08 ursa08 is Vlad? That's cool. I think your Russian accent is really cool. I enjoy the videos where you talk more than just the silent overviews, and thanks for the Blade Show Videos. (That Antique Shiro is beautiful btw.) Did you film anything on Cheburkovs Table at Blade? Or just Shirogorov?
Thank you! And it's not an accent...this is the charm of my dialect :)

I did film the Cheburkov table. It's not on YouTube yet, but it's already on my Instagram: @VladsBlades.
Let me upload it on YouTube ;)

I get what you're saying about knife handles with different materials each side, b00n b00n , as I used to feel that way myself. After acquiring more and more framelocks, though, that preference faded away for me over time and now I appreciate both same- and different-sided knives.

I really like the look of your Russki with that sweet, marbled CF. Would you characterize that as a true liner-lock or is it really a frame-lock with scales applied both sides? My Raven is a frame lock with a scale added to the presentation side only, which is fine by me, both in terms of different-sidedness as well as different thicknesses to the two sides. It does make me think about how cool the knife would be in all CTek, though, and also think that it would very cool if Alex came out with some true liner-locks to add to his line-up.

eFUcvzq.jpg

I would definitely call it a frame lock with inlays as opposed to a liner lock. Since the knife works without the inlays and is just as rigid. Although it is probably a fluid transition between the two. It's definitely a unique style similar to the Southard where the scales aren't the same thickness. I think the way the Raven is made it actually helps a little bit with pocket carry, the thinner side resting against the pocket and the rounded side with the C-Tek against your leg.

Thank you! And it's not an accent...this is the charm of my dialect :)

I did film the Cheburkov table. It's not on YouTube yet, but it's already on my Instagram: @VladsBlades.
Let me upload it on YouTube ;)

It's pleasant to listen to in any case. I have a few Russian co-workers, and I like the language. I think there are some similarities to my native German in the sense that a lot words always sound like you're angry or cursing. :D I'm following you on IG, maybe I overlooked it. Too many feeds to follow haha.

whew... I have a few commitments ahead of another knife purchase... I am selling off my collection... (but it seems to be growing...)

I too ordered directly from Alex and was able to talk him into his first (and only, I believe) hand rubbed satin blade.

This model is called the Tukan.

Wz4scNc.jpg

You should post some pictures next to it with a PM2 or Delica or something along those lines, because the Toucan always looks small on pictures (to me) but I know it's a pretty substantial size.

Nice one, ArchVV ArchVV . That's the large Strizh (Strisch at the German dealer, Swift in English), right? I have the small version in CF--just a remarkably smooth and stupidly light knife (2.5 oz) that came with a scary-sharp Vanadis 8 blade. It's cleverly constructed as a "linerless liner lock" with only the lockbar on the interior, secured with the clip screw and partially tucked behind the backspacer. It makes for a great gentleman's knife in light pants or a featherweight EDC for those that prefer a knife in the small-to-medium size range.

0t8ZDWN.jpg

kXwVdar.jpg

ChazzyP ChazzyP Yep, that is correct. I originally picked up a small version (based on your review ;)) and was so pleased with it that I wanted a large version as well. It has broken in nicely and is great to carry due to the impressively light weight. I've since let go of the smaller version but it has been tempting to grab another with one of the more exotic inlays they do.

Great, another thread I need to stay away from ;)
Love the pics guys, the Russian is such a sweet design...

Back