1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Cloudburst Pinout

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Fiddleback, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    So I'm really getting my feet under these special pinout knives. They take forever though. This set of scales took me over 4 hours to process. The knife is an 1/8" thick tapered tang Arete.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This pin was a mistake, hence the knife is not for sale, but it is beautiful and I plan to feature this on upcoming knives.

[​IMG]

Dritios, Scotcha, nomotorjrr and 2 others like this.
  2. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    If you are going to do all that, then you probably need to also align the pins..... Kiddin..... Just me, I can totally appreciate the massive pain and effort required in putting that one together, but I find it distracting overall. I guess I could use a little more order to the cloud burst, it looks too random to me, maybe build it up with more of a base. I also thought about a sun burst - one center, four on the next ring, six next, nine, or whatever works-- spirograph with a drill press if you will. But hey, that's just me and I'm sure Tony can't wait to get it and with the right shades of blue....

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  3. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I think it's pretty awesome! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looking forward too seeing what else you come up with.

4. plue

plue

Oct 3, 2012
    Interesting idea there Andy, never seen that before.

5. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    Would be cool if you made it look like a redfish and then had the spot be the bulls-eye. This thing is growing on me as I fiddle away a Friday afternoon at work.

6. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    I wonder if someone might make pins with glow resin? Or maybe embed tritium capsules- nah that would be tacky....but I might buy it!!

Bill

7. hasco

hasco Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2014
    I really dig that one Andy! Even the mistake pin looks pretty cool!!

8. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    That extra pin makes the knife!

9. TxSportsman

TxSportsman Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    I agree! When I first saw his other one I said it reminded me of a trout. I'd love a redfish ladyfinger in stainless!

10. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Sharpclaw / Apex Predator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012
    You do you bro!

Fiddleback likes this.