The Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands (Saipan)

Please Help! I'm moving to Saipan. Just want to know their knife law there?
im bringing my collection of folding knife. I cant find on an internet knife laws there.
Thanks for the reply.

From what I could tell. Knives are prohibited. Used to be like that in the commonwealth of Puerto Rico. But the law changed in 2020 thanks to the NRA President Trump and governor Wanda garced The insular territory laws are very different. You are in the US but you are not in the US. Tough question. I can't find much information neither. I'd get there and go to the police department and ask them. Edit don't bring your expensive knives there. They might taken away. Play it safe. Good luck to you.

Last edited:
From what I could tell. Knives are prohibited. Used to be like that in the commonwealth of Puerto Rico. But the law changed in 2020 thanks to the NRA President Trump and governor Wanda garced The insular territory laws are very different. You are in the US but you are not in the US. Tough question. I can't find much information neither. I'd get there and go to the police department and ask them. Edit don't bring your expensive knives there. They might taken away. Play it safe. Good luck to you.
Thank You for the reply Vlade. Cheers

Thank You for the reply Vlade. Cheers
There's a PDF available for the Northern Mariana Islands search the web. There's a lot of prohibitions there. They still have a 10 round magazine capacity law. Knives and machetes are prohibited. Now how do you live on an island with a jungle atmosphere and Outlaw machetes. Machetes are like a dime a dozen here. You got to beat back the jungle with something. Nonetheless try to find that PDF and it'll give you all the information you want. Maybe the NRA should bring suit against the Mariana Islands. It's a violation of your second amendment rights. Especially considering that everybody there has been an American citizen since 1984