25" CAK:
100_0069.jpg

24.5" Bhairab:
100_0070.jpg

24.5" Villager Giant Chitlangi Bowie:
100_0056.jpg

All together for comparison:
100_0071.jpg

OK this is a review of the Bhairab, but I figured I might as well show pic of what I'm comparing it to.

The Tarwar is, of course, in an entirely different class.

The CAK and Chitlangi Bowie are both FAR more blade heavy than the Bhairab, and the CAK is significantly moreso than the Chitlangi Bowie -- to the point it's almost difficult to hold on to with one hand, much less swing. You DO NOT want to try to stop it mid swing.

On to the Bhairab. . .
OK, the Bhairab is much more "swordy" than the other two. meaning, the way it balances, it's much more a weapon than a tool. Very much a kopis/falcata, rather than a farm implement. Much of the weight is int he handle. Kind of figures since it's only 2 ounces less weight than the Chit Bowie, yet the blade is 3/8" thick, whereas the Chit Bowie's is 1/2" thick.

The handle is much more suited for a firm grip like you'd use in a fight, rather than the "whiplash" grip you use with a kukri, and the guard is a big, honking piece of brass, plenty of meat there to stop an enemy's blade from sliding down onto your hand.

Overall fit and finish are very good with the exception of the copper inlays. I wasn't a big fan of them in the pictures, and I'm still not a big fan of them. I don't have a strong dislike for them, either, but if they weren't there, I wouldn't miss them.

The blade came sharp. Not razor sharp, but as sharp as you'd want a sword to be. Very even edge as well.

Overall, I'd say the blade is a steal at the price it was offered, and edges out my Tarwar for my pick of weapon for the zombie apocalypse. ;)

Seriously? A 25 inch CAK? Are you trying to cleave grizzly bears in half with one shot?

Great review with the comparisons being most helpful.

Not to get into 'mine is bigger than yours' but your Giant Chitlangi Bowie is 0.25inch bigger than mine. :eek:

Getting a Bhairab and a Tarwar are now needs rather than wants. :D

Seriously? A 25 inch CAK? Are you trying to cleave grizzly bears in half with one shot?

LOL, hey, when everyone pulls out their big knives for comparison, and you just have to win the penis contest. . .:eek::eek:

Great review with the comparisons being most helpful.

Not to get into 'mine is bigger than yours' but your Giant Chitlangi Bowie is 0.25inch bigger than mine. :eek:

Getting a Bhairab and a Tarwar are now needs rather than wants. :D

Funny how addicting these things are, eh?

Does anyone remember that 40" CAK (I think) from about a year or so back. Now THAT was seriously huge. But I did love these pictures and comparison. Thanks Cpl.

Cpl Punishment said:
The Corporal's Big 'Uns.

Yeah, I had to come in and see what "Cpl Punishment" was talking about as I know he usually isn't the type of guy that goes around bragging about/on his personal endowments.:p ;) :D

Last edited:
Back