The CPK Field Knife...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I showed my Field Knife to my brother yesterday and he almost fell outa his chair! He was duly impressed, especially the handle ergos, and the blade geometry. I tried to explain the science of the delta 3V steel and heat treat, but he didn't really care about all that. He just kept rolling it around in his hands saying "wow, wow, OMG, WOW!!!"

attachment.php
attachment.php

IMAG0158.jpg IMAG0159.jpg

Last edited:
I just had a similar conversation with my cousin. He deployed to the ME a couple of times with a Sog, and when I showed him my Field Knife, and tried to tell him about the delta 3v HT, toughness and edge holding, all he could talk about was the how great the ergos were and how he wished he could have deployed with one because he liked the design.

Thanks, Nathan, Jo and Lorien for a great blade and design!

I had a similar reaction upin receiving mine. All I could concentrate on was how it basically dissapeared in my hand.

Bob Loveless had a famous saying "a knife handle should feel as comfortable as if you were holding your dick".

That seems like a really strange thing for a person to say, and I don't know that I completely understand the concept. I never met the man but he must have been really weird.

Anyways, Lorien modeled the grip after Bob Loveless's penis. *shrug*

:D

In this case, I better get one of those swords from Dan so I can get an appropriate sized handle.

Ha Ha !!! I absolutely need to get one !!! Might be a little awkward handling both of them ( I will do it behind closed doors ), I won't have to worry about anyone wanting to borrow my knife .

Bob Loveless had a famous saying "a knife handle should feel as comfortable as if you were holding your dick".

That seems like a really strange thing for a person to say, and I don't know that I completely understand the concept. I never met the man but he must have been really weird.

really tried to get the colour right

I just tried to explain to my girlfriend how funny this post was. It took too long and she said "Oh." I just became a nerd in my own home.

Slapped my thigh and laughed out loud, now everyone is looking at me, and I dare not explain it :eek: :D

really tried to get the colour right

LOL

Worst part, my next question was going to be, "Wait... so, did you make it from memory or from a mold or was there an exhumation...?" The "colour" comment makes that SO much worse :p

Haahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..... Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Funny

Lorien can I send you a mold to work off of , I need a special knife for my special wife , sometimes I just need to roll over and go to sleep .

Whole new meaning for when I'm using this field knife and someone tells me to choke up on the handle and hold it more firm with nice steady strokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back