The CRK Anticipation Thread - Show Your 'Inbound's!

Both tough finds these days.

The so called eastern hemisphere. ;)

IMG-1316.jpg

Well, I like it (duh). More! :cool:

I have two in (S&L 21), one to go (Inksingo).
I really like the PJ small. It is a bit smaller and thinner than what I imagined. Just very cute.
The lock was so strong I had to bend it out a bit and now it is still a bit too strong, but I can live with it.
The action was not smooth, it felt like it is running dry and I oiled it with a drop of bike oil without disassembly and it's great now. I also took off the lanyard and glued the pin.
Lastly, the blade was able to cut paper, but was not shaving sharp. A few diamond loaded leather strops took care of the edge.
After all this, it is ready for pocket duty. I also bought a birdseye maple Chap and a small traditional at the same time. It will be interesting to see which one gets most pocket time.

...my first Sebenza, er, make that my second, because the first one had some vertical blade play in-hand so I'm exchanging it w/ the retailer (who'll hopefully send the first one back to Idaho).

Small natural micarta double lug!
WIIBWG7.jpg

...contemplating a small black micarta to go with it, that way if one needs to go back to the mothership, I'll have a spare. One is none, and two is one!

Don’t rule out a Zaan, it was my last CRK I “tried,” and was pleasantly surprised.

Great collection! I would never attempt to dissuade you from CRK Damascus though, I have one - it is gorgeous and my lone non-user as of now anyway

Don’t rule out a Zaan, it was my last CRK I “tried,” and was pleasantly surprised.

Great collection! I would never attempt to dissuade you from CRK Damascus though, I have one - it is gorgeous and my lone non-user as of now anyway

Thanks! Maybe a Star-Zaan one day. The truth is, the Inkosi is plenty strong for me.

^ Impressive! Any idea how many were made? Pardon my ignorance, but how did you wind up with it?

^ Impressive! Any idea how many were made? Pardon my ignorance, but how did you wind up with it?

Thanks! I guess they made 30 of them? CRK announced availability via their Instagram account — highly recommend following them there to get fair warning on special editions plus pictures of the shop dog :)

Thanks! I guess they made 30 of them? CRK announced availability via their Instagram account — highly recommend following them there to get fair warning on special editions plus pictures of the shop dog :)

Thanks, sad thing is I actually do follow them. Obviously I am not very social media savvy LOL.

The urge was strong today, and I just totally caved:
pulled the trigger on this small PJ s45vn for my first (and likely only) PJ:
reeve-small-sebenza31a.jpg

...and this small 31 Chainmail:
tnkav_1220_18_1_1000.jpg

...and I also called Idaho and made an order for two s45vn blades (for the micarta I've got and the incoming chainmail). Those should be available sometime around February, so I've got plenty of time to "learn to sharpen" on these blades in the meantime.

I suppose before then, I'll have the PJ shipped out to have the blue lug popped out and double silver lugs pressed into place, probably along w/ the micarta to have the pinched washer replaced (this noob didn't know the "right" way to re-assemble, won't make that mistake again).

...and now to determine which of my other non-CRK folders to sell off (if not all of 'em!).

Last time I spoke to someone from CRK when ordering a spare Zaan blade in S45VN they mentioned that they ship out knifecenter exclusives in small quantities and the beginning of every new quarter.
Seeing how it’s a new quarter I’m still waiting on that shipping notification from knifecenter for me all black Inkosi :/

Back