1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The CRK Insingo Hangout!

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by bluemetalchurch, Sep 7, 2014.

1. bluemetalchurch

bluemetalchurch Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Post your thoughts, feelings, pictures, and adventures you have with your Insingo. :)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  2. blackend

blackend Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Great knife. I prefer the small. I carry mine often. My good buddy 1Abominable1 will attest to functionality of the large.
    [​IMG]

3. hodad66

hodad66

Jul 26, 2014
    Just got mine..... great blade!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Jon Brand

Jon Brand Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2007
    On its way and will arrive Tuesday. Gonna be used.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. JBjunior

JBjunior

Dec 9, 2011
    I got mine a couple of weeks ago, large plain 21 insingo. I used it yesterday while fishing to gut a fish and of course it performed wonderfully. Casually on the hunt for a small 21 micarta insingo now. For the large I have the CRK leather pocket sheath so it sits wonderfully in my pocket. And since you had asked about a lanyard in another thread, I bought another lanyard for it and use it to pull out out the pocket sheath.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  6. bluemetalchurch

Jan 4, 2014
    I really enjoy using a large knife but I have never enjoyed carrying one. The large Sebenza is a great carry though. I even carried it at work the other day (office) in khakis and it was very manageable. I'm really loving this knife.

7. bluemetalchurch

Jan 4, 2014
    Double Tap!

8. Humint

Humint

Apr 1, 2011
    It really is a functional blade. While aesthetically I prefer the standard 21 blade shape, the Insingo blade shape excells so much more in MY daily cutting tasks. You can't go wrong with the large or small insingo

tuica likes this.
  9. HuntBomb

HuntBomb

Sep 18, 2009
    My Lg Micarta Insingo has been with me for about 3 years now and I have noticed that the S35 steel combined with the hollow grind and blade profile make it a great slicer and stays sharp with little effort.
    I don't feel the need to own anything but a small and lg Insingo

10. bluemetalchurch

Jan 4, 2014
    I find the Insingo to be a good looking blade in both aesthetics and function. BUT I do agree with you; the clip point is sleek and sexy!

That sounds like a great pair!

11. hodad66

hodad66

Jul 26, 2014
    [​IMG]

12. orixa

orixa

Dec 22, 2012
    The Insingo was not only my first CRK, it's my first locking folding knife after a few Swiss Army knives. At first I thought the small Insingo was "huge" compared to the SAK I was using and I had doubts about carrying it; after a while I gotten used to it and it excels as an utility knife. I don't have a lot of pictures to share with the knife "in use", same reason I don't take a picture every time I tighten a screw with my screwdrivers.

Just one of its uses....... :)

[​IMG]

13. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Is the back edge of the insingo sharp or slightly sharp? Hopefully mine will arrive this week sometime.

14. Nikkogi

Nikkogi Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 19, 2009
    It's beveled but not sharp enough to cut you. At least my four examples aren't. I've read that some are sharper than others, though.

The Insingo is a wonderful blade shape. A big advantage for me is how easy it is to sharpen on the sharpmaker. The tip on the clip point Sebbies can be a PITA on the sharpmaker.

15. MostMenAreRuthless

MostMenAreRuthless Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 27, 2011
    I am a huge fan of the Small 21 Insingo. In fact, it is my very favorite knife of all time. I have had a ton of other Sebs in all the various wonderful flavors, shapes, sizes, and ages and I always come back to the small Insingo. It is just so darn useful, tough, beautiful, and elegantly manly.

Here are a few various shots of mine:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. atony

atony Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Great pics!

17. rexromic

rexromic Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2011
    Here is mine.

18. Zeta33

Zeta33

Jul 13, 2014
    I..I want to hang out...Lol. Awesome Insingos everyone.

19. hodad66

hodad66

Jul 26, 2014
    [​IMG]

20. bluemetalchurch

Jan 4, 2014
    [​IMG]