The Curly Q

jaz322

Gold Member
The forge has been making curly q's for years. A rarity, however, and probably my favorite tang feature. Any examples to share? Please post ‘em!

Fiddleback Curly Q Runts. Stag bone over ironwood burl in A2.
vT8sM6q.jpg

2WZKybV.jpg

Last edited:
That's some nice ironwood burl. Cool Runts. I don't have any curly q's yet.

(PHOTO HEAVY Qs) Well...Jaz322 started this thread and honestly, I'm surprised no action yet. Although I know the Qs aren't all that easy to come by. Anyways, I haven't posted any pics on Bladeforums yet so I thought I would give it a shot and geek out on my first stab at taking some knife pics. BTW...Jason, jaz322, has promised me that if I post some curly Qs,....then HE will post a Christmas tree DECORATED with FBF RUNTS!!!! Everyone knows that he is the Runt-Master with that crazy pic of the circle of Runts!!! So, Jason.... here's some Q's.......... in your honor my friend: (hope this works?)
M0bfN0F.jpg

RJkvbgX.jpg

Xo4Cx5w.jpg

ahcDgFH.jpg

g25UbaW.jpg

tpnYFpH.jpg

ixTAmba.jpg

gX8DEdM.jpg

nqzeM92.jpg

ft8ihyU.jpg

GYbQgBE.jpg

4vNyoxZ.jpg

RzyPufu.jpg

1bkHeu8.jpg

FoHMdpu.jpg

RPNi5wq.jpg

jLNXJ7i.jpg

I'll get mine posted today. With the demise of the old photosystem and the nature of the new one it takes me a little while.

Plus I have to finish my coffee.

Very cool pics. I don’t have any curly q’s. Just wanted to say nice PRS and ask what year that strat is. :)

Very cool pics. I don’t have any curly q’s. Just wanted to say nice PRS and ask what year that strat is. :)
Let's see, Onedog Onedog ... that is a custom guitar made by a fellow named Chris Kroenline, and he is pretty awesome. You can check out his website at www.k-lineguitars.com. (Moderators, please tell me if I'm not supposed to put links? I have no interest in this guitar maker's business) He used to be a relatively small custom maker, but over the years he has many big names playing his guitars now. He made two for me a dozen years or so ago, a strat and a tele, and they have better feel and tone than any custom shop Fender that I have ever played in 30+ years of playing guitar. Best part was, at least back then, they were at about 1/3 the price of a Custom Shop Fender and he made them to my specs, ...so pretty sweet.

I will try to post more guitars (I have too many....well...really no such thing, just like knives right?) on the guitar/knife thread that you have going here. I think its "I've Got the Blues" or something like that? Or maybe I will do one called "Wood & Steel"? LOL

Anyhow, I will save that for a snow day. Besides, I'm still learning how to post pics, so I will get it down eventually. Bare with me and thanks for scrolling through. Happy Sunday!!! :D

Sweet pics Nbrackett Nbrackett and Luca917 Luca917 ! Love that Osage too!

Nathan, cool bead. What material is it and where did you get it? I am partial to beads that don't ding up your knife or clang around like brass or steel or Ti. Its not a big deal, but if given a choice, I prefer lanyard beads such as natural materials or micarta or G-10. I typically just do a barrel knot or something similar.

Nathan, cool bead. What material is it and where did you get it? I am partial to beads that don't ding up your knife or clang around like brass or steel or Ti. Its not a big deal, but if given a choice, I prefer lanyard beads such as natural materials or micarta or G-10. I typically just do a barrel knot or something similar.
The bead is cool but it’s Tonys. Luca917 Luca917

It was a gift from Justin. I don't exactly remember what it is but it's some sort of bone. I think giraffe. I absolutely love it and wish I had a handful more.

The bead is cool but it’s Tonys. Luca917 Luca917

It was a gift from Justin. I don't exactly remember what it is but it's some sort of bone. I think giraffe. I absolutely love it and wish I had a handful more.

Errrghh... Thanks Nathan...and apologies Tony!

Yep Tony, that bone is cool for sure! And....THAT KNIFE! The Frontier series from Allen....WOW!!! I especially love the Revenants and Brisbee! That is one sweet knife, and to have a curlyQ on top of that! Thanks for sharing the pics! Serious awesomeness!

And Nathan, that pic of your daughter making the curlyQ! That's way too good. Come on, you know you've probably got some super mega-BEDAZZLED knives with MULTIPLE CURLY-Qs under your Christmas tree in the future!!! GOOD STUFF!:D Thanks again!

Last edited:
Back