The Cutlery Answer to All Animal Attack Problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why neither I nor anybody else (unless I missed it in skimming too fast) posted this in any of the current run of "What's the best knife for a [name of critter] attack?" threads . . . .

The Vorpal Sword!

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Now, nominations are open for who makes the most "vorpal" sword out there.

And, since there have been "diverse comments" over off-topic and/or silly posting, if there are no persuasive objections between now and tomorrow morning, I'll move (not delete) the menagerie of animal attack threads down to "Community," which is underweight in posts, relative to this "General" forum.

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

Aye, the vorpal sword is definitely cool, but I think I still would have to go with the lightsaber
smile.gif

The software or server or something was acting deaf and dumb last night, so I thought that nothing was happening when I hit the "submit" button. Oops!

I've deleted the duplicate threads I ended up posting. One of them had a response in it, so I moved it here:

- JKM
--------------------

From Tallwingedgoat:

Most "vorpal sword"? Well, Howard Clark gets my vote for best sword blade. But there's plenty O room for others.

- Tallwingedgoat

Another vote for the lightsaber....as long as it's the green lightsaber...

Yeah James, Ive heard about this wicked beast before, but never seen a pic... enlighted our eyes
wink.gif

James, you bring a tear to my eye! My dad used to recite Jabberwocky to me when I was a small child.A good solution to our ongoing armament problem! Thanks.

------------------
"To grow older is inevitable.To grow UP is optional."

My nomination for who makes the most "vorpal" sword is Virgil England or more specifically his piece called "Sorrow".

------------------
KSwinamer

Jabberwocky by
Lewis Carroll (Charles Lutwidge Dodgson)

My favorite reading was by the late, great Desi Arnaz on Saturday Night Live.

------------------
James

What the hell does any of this mean?
Gester

------------------
AKTI Member #A000190
It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

Yes James, this bought a tear to my eye also. When I was a child my dear old Dad used to wake me in the morning with "The time has come, the walrus said, to speak of many things......"

I started reading the poem aloud as soon as I saw your post, until my family decided I'd finally lost it
wink.gif
. Guess I need to broaden my girl's education.

------------------
Take care,
Clay

Don't worry that the world might end tomorrow....in Australia it's tomorrow already.

Since the Community Center forum had, at last look, 1738 posts, and this Blade Discussion Forum had 47,275, it won't hurt to balance the load and move a bit of "off topic" stuff over there.

Since there were no objections to my stated intent to do so, I'm moving all the "zoo" posts, which have inspired "diverse comments" on their suitability for this section over to Community.

Including this one.
smile.gif

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back