The Dimension is shipping...

eschwebach

Gold Member
BHQ just contacted me, they are shipping some of the pre-orders for the Dimension. I am excited about this one, with the Ti handles and the button lock. Should be a winner.

Thats good news, it can only mean they are getting closer to sending out the Thermite I have on pre-order! :)

I had a 0801 thermite and dimension on pre order at BladeHQ for months. Emailed them a couple times to find out where I was on the list and they wouldnt tell me. The other day Tuffthumbz puts up a video and says they shipped him a 0801 that he didnt even want and I blew a gasket. Seems doesnt matter where you are in que they will ship to anyone they want. good luck getting your knives from them . I canceled all my preorders and my 0801 will be here today from New Graham. Ill never use BladeHQ again.

That sucks that you havent had good luck. I have had a Thermite on preorder since February but I just figured they dont have any in stock yet

That sucks that you havent had good luck. I have had a Thermite on preorder since February but I just figured they dont have any in stock yet

They mentioned they will be getting the other Kershaw pre-orders in very soon. :D

I had a 0801 thermite and dimension on pre order at BladeHQ for months. Emailed them a couple times to find out where I was on the list and they wouldnt tell me. The other day Tuffthumbz puts up a video and says they shipped him a 0801 that he didnt even want and I blew a gasket. Seems doesnt matter where you are in que they will ship to anyone they want. good luck getting your knives from them . I canceled all my preorders and my 0801 will be here today from New Graham. Ill never use BladeHQ again.

Wow I find this very surprising. I had a 801 on pre-order that I forgot about and they sent me and email saying they where shipping it out. I called and cancelled without issue. They've always been great to work with unlike Knifecenter but that's another conversation all together.

Not sure on the Dimension. Love the Ti handles but the blade is a little small for my liking. For the price I might have to check it out though.

Mine is on the way. I wish they had put some pictures up of the final design. I guess it didn't stray much from the pictures that had been released.

I hope it sells really well and paves the way for a ZT button lock!

Me too. In a forum like this, it's easy to forget that even though we're all extremely passionate about our KAI products, we are definitely the minority of the knife-buying public.

My preorder has shipped!!!!! Cant wait to get this one in hand...first thing I'll be doing is busting out the torch & flame anodizing it:D

No, 0770CF!

I think 0566 before 0770CF per Jimmer_5 a month and half ago and it's mainly due to getting enough CF scales for the 0770CF on hand.

The 0566's will be out well before the 0770CF's.

The 0770's are getting close to production, but the carbon fiber material will take little bit to get in stock. The plan right now is to make a run of the original Aluminum handles first, and then jump into the carbon fiber permanently.

The current plan is to make both the 0770's and the 0566's with Speedsafe AND a detent hole. HOWEVER, please keep in mind that this change will affect the action. The Speedsafe mechanism has a "bias toward closure” all by itself. The action tends to be smoothest without a drilled detent hole. The hole creates added resistance when couple with the resistance created by Speedsafe.

My overall point is that we're going to try it, but If the action becomes unacceptable, there is a chance we might have to remove the detent hole. I don't think this will happen as we made other knives that have both features before and still make a few this way. I'll try to keep you all updated as we continue to work on these models.

Jim

I am excited about this one, with the Ti handles and the button lock. Should be a winner.

Ditto. Really looking forward to this one. Can't argue with the value.

I see a CB version one day... Needs a better steel blade.

Back