1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The Fabled Drop Point Moran

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Velitrius, Apr 29, 2000.

1. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Legend has it that this baby will be on hand at the Blade Show. Are there any pics available for viewing?

2. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    Prototype wll be available at Blade Show.

sal

3. shootist16

shootist16 knife law moderator Moderator

Dec 25, 1998
    Yes!!!!!!!

------------------
    Dennis Bible

4. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    WoooooHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This is so [​IMG] !!!! I have been watching for this very thread for at least a couple of months now!!!

So, the next question has GOT to be: Can we expect this knife to hit the dealers anytime before 2001?

Oh, and is this a concept, prototype, or pre-production???? Oh please, please, confirm that it is pre-production.

------------------
    iktomi

5. Sal Glesser

Dec 27, 1998
    Rock - It is a prototype. It will go into production. You will probably see initial production begin before hunting season this year (circa SEP).

sal

6. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Thanks Sal!!! This is awesome news!!

------------------
    iktomi

7. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Aaaahhhhhh, before hunting season. Well, well. Guess I'm no longer in the market for a new hunting knife this year. Thanx for the update, Sal.

One question though. The first Moran came in a leather sheath, then a kydex. Does this mean that kydex will be the material of choice for the drop point as well? I for one wouldn't mind seeing a leather sheath available. Any chance of a choice between the two?

8. CUTIGER 3

CUTIGER 3

Mar 31, 1999
    Yes, I need this knife before hunting season [​IMG].Thanks Sal

9. Sal Glesser

Dec 27, 1998
    Velitrius - Kydex only. Sorry. Leather was not liked by majority of users.

sal