1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

The Finished Roach Belly

Discussion in 'Backwoods & KFU Custom Handmade Knives' started by KFU, Mar 13, 2012.

1. KFU

KFU Part Time Knifemaker, Moderator

Sep 10, 2007
    Thanks and enjoy Essublime!
    "The Roach"
    Aldos 1095 5/32"
    Saber Convex Grind
    5 1/2" blade
    5" handle
    Dyed Stabilized Curly Maple scales with red g10 liners and white pinstripe
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. The Warrior

The Warrior Dubzerator Moderator Gold Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Oh hell yes, that looks awesome. Really nice work Chris.

3. mrn8

mrn8

Jun 8, 2007
    Freakin sweet! The whole thing is perfect. The edge looks really nice and the handles really finish it off well.

4. ol_sc

ol_sc

Sep 12, 2011
    :eek: Oh hot damn...much better pics than yesterday!

5. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    I'm lovin' it!

6. ol_sc

ol_sc

Sep 12, 2011
    ... ™

7. JUST1MOR

JUST1MOR

Oct 19, 2010
    Wow I must be really tired or past that point . . . . for some strange reason, I keep seeing Johnny Depp with that style knife in those pirate movies he made . . . but I don't think they had liners back in the day . .
    Nice design Chris, & Essublime, do not make any blood bank withdrawls with this one, ok ???
    Be safe.

8. essublime

essublime

Aug 7, 2011
    Even better in the sunlight. Excellent Chris!!! And the only bank withdrawls I need to make are from the real bank to fund my KFU addiction...but I love them all and am never disappointed.

9. clich

clich

Apr 19, 2011
    jealously

10. clich

clich

Apr 19, 2011
    Bump because I love. Here's to open orders so I can snag one.

11. injected454

injected454

Dec 30, 2011
    Chris,
    I have 5 of Bill's knives's so far! One, I carry and use daily even though she is also a looker. Another is used for skinning. I have watched you progress your ability as a craftsmen and I must say that my first KFU will need to be the Roach Belly! That is just one fine looking tool any way you slice it!!....I know, bad....pun was intended! Keep up the good work and I am sure many will be looking forward to getting their hands on one.

Shane

12. KFU

KFU Part Time Knifemaker, Moderator

Sep 10, 2007
    Thanks guys. Bill has taught me ALOT and continues to offer advice if I get stuck with something. I really like this one too. After I get freed up a bit Im going to finish the camp knives and do a run of these bad boys.

13. bacustomknives

bacustomknives FULL THROTTLE / FULLTIME KNIFE MAKER Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 3, 2008
    YO BRO! THAT LOOKS LIKE ONE BAD MOTHA!! :thumbup:

14. mykel m

mykel m Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Nice Chris,that'll give the Hunter a run for the money.
    Grats Essub.