The Forthcoming Photon III

Jedi Knife

Banned
Is anyone else considering getting one of these? Of course I own the Photon II, and it has proven itself to be extremely valuable. Any insights/opinions on the Photon III? I personally think we'll be lucky to see them before winter of this year, the release date is continually being postponed.

JK

They seem like really cool lights, but I don't know if I will get one or not. The P2's are so cheap and do their job so well as it is, it is hard to make useful improvements. The improvements are cool, no doubt and may again prove me wrong.

What am I, saying, I am sure I will get one just to play with it, if for no other reason.

I bet you are right, though. It may be a while before they are out.

------------------
Clay Fleischer
clay_fleischer@yahoo.com
AKTI Member A000847

As of yet, I can't estimate whether it's going to be a bang or bust product. Sure, it's going to be cool to have all those features. But, like Clay said, how many people really need them?

I *am* looking forward the Photon Raven - that is going to be cool.

Anyhow, I've backordered all of these items to make sure that just in case, I'll have them, but in the mean time, until they get out in people's hands, nobody knows.

Kevin

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
Owner, BladeForums.com

Ooops, I seem to be out of the loop again. What features are being incorporated into the Photon III and what IS the Photon Raven, please?

------------------
Allbest,

Jim Six
Adventure, Intrigue & Cheap Thrills
jim@six.org
www.jim.six.org

Spark,

You wouldn't happen to know where I could find a picture of the Ravin' Party Light would you? (I'm interested in that also.)

Jim Six,

The Photon III looks nearly identical to the Photon II, but there is a 2 way rocker switch on top- one is "constant on" mode, the other toggles the light through several modes- three intensity levels, and several different "strobe" speeds. The Ravin' Party Light (I think that's what they call it, or something to that effect) is a light that changes colors and made to be whirled about in the air, I think. The Photon website has been quite vague about it so far.

JK

I'm pretty excited about the Photon III. I like the 3 different levels of brightness, but I could do without the 3 flashing levels. The strobe is my least favorite part of my Pal Gold. I'm not sure I really see a need for a strobe function.

I am really looking forward to the Photon Fusion headlamp/flashlight. Six LEDs with the same functions as the Photon III, and it runs on AA's (three of em). Once again, I could do without the strobe, but a variable brightness headlight would be nice. I hope it is water resistant enough to withstand an accidental dunking, or a night long downpour.

Paul

I was just about to buy a Photon II and then I heard about the III and put in a pre-order. I'm beginning to worry about when I'll actually see it now.

Axel

Thanks for the URL, Brock. After reading the review, I think I'll be happy with it.

JK

FYI, we have Photon Ravens sheduled to arrive in either next week or the following week... no price yet as I don't know my cost.

Kevin

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
Owner, BladeForums.com

Back