The Fortune and Fame of Knifemaking

Hey guys...this is what I have done with all my knifemaking income!!

I hope to do better someday!

Don't I wish!

Attachments

• s281.jpg
    s281.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 443
Absolutely beautiful! "You got to have a dream, cause if you don't have a dream, how you ever going to have a dream come true?"

Very nice indeed! I've not gotten to cars, lucky me, just knives and recently surround sound and DVD movies which can also take a chunk of change as well!

But I remember a saying I thought was interesting;
I'd rather die with a million dollars worth of stuff
than to die a Millionaire...;)

G2

I hope you guys don't think I'm serious!! :D

This was parked next to my rental car when I was at an Aikido seminar in Petaluma, CA in September.

It was SWEEEEEET!

For a fleeting second I thought you may have gotten that car from the profits of the two knives I bought off of you Greg! :D You almost had me there....heheheheh.

the only people I have ever seen with cars like that are doctors and drug dealers.....sorta says something about doctors doesnt it????? :p

Originally posted by tom mayo
so what youre saying is that youre really a drug dealer????? :p

That really cracked me up Mr Mayo.....perhaps young Mr Covington has spent just a wee bit too much time in his dark room with those xray chemicals.....

Don't worry Greg, for Christmas I will send you this car. My kid has a Matchbox car that looks just like this....tires are missing but what the hell, people don't drive these types of cars that much anyhow.

:D

That's pretty nice. I have one in red that I bought with the money from the last knife I sold.:D :D by the way Tom, what do you think we ship in those hollow handles.:eek:

as a maker you would of put that $$ into machinery and supplies:D so tom thats what those hollow handles are for, i always wondered. the straight round tubes dont fit a hand and when its hot or cold, metal is the last thing you want to hold.

I'd rather have what I've got and make knives, then own one of those fancy set of wheels and have to go get a job.:D :D
But if I could hit the lottery, I'd be driveing these knive around in style, 3/4 ton, 4x4, dodge diesel and my new 30' 5th wheel camper behind. I'd have to go west and see if I could find Ed Fowler. :D

Come on powerball

Bill

HAH, ya got me, I thought it was your car,
it still could be, just have to re-arrange a
few things probably....food..gas..just the
normal everyday stuff...;)

G2

You shoulda driven that car over to the used tool dealer and gotten a nice CNC Bridgeport and a toolroom lathe, surface grinder, etc and maybe enough change to go buy a few pints of Guinness!!!

I guess all of you knife makers have your own priorites.
Ed Fowler tells what his are in his new book.

View

Maurice:
I saw it already, and thanked Phil for the best laugh I have had in a week!!! I think Ed looks pretty happy there....do you think those gals make knives, and are into performance????
:D LOL
angie

That is a good one Phil,About made me fall off the chair,Glad Angie has a great sense of humor!!!:D
Bruce

I don't know about knives, but I definately think that they are into HIGH PERFORMANCE.:D :D

Back