The Garotte

That's really forgeous! Beautiful!
I was fortunate enough Friday before last to get the Scorpion(thanks Tekton). I'm curious if you have or thinking of getting a sheath for you Garotte? I'd like to find a functional narrow sheath for my Scorpion and something that is appropriate aesthetically for it's slender profile.

Scotcha Scotcha , beautiful!!!!

Is the bolster angled, or do the images simply lend to that impression?

Have you selected the applicable, er, throats, yet?

nomotorjrr nomotorjrr I have no immediate leads for you, but am on my own ongoing (if slightly different) quest to find (or even know how to ask for) sheaths that set off certain ones of my Fiddlebacks safely yet with the absolute least leather possible. I think I have some appreciation for what you're after, and wish you luck. :)

~ P.

Recently received this beautiful example of the Garotte.

I'm really liking this model.

Searched but couldn't find much info on this model. Would love to know Andy's & others thoughts on this model.

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

I came up with the Garotte while monkeying around in my drawing book. I had come upon the pattern for the Scorpion, and my mind jumped to the spine curves, and suddenly I was drawing a throwing knife with similar curves. We haven't made the throwing knives yet. The Garotte just came about while doing those drawings. Its basically the throwing knife with the handle end widened and a guard added. (IMPORTANT: The Garotte is not a throwing knife.)

pertinux pertinux All our bolsters are angled 12 degrees or so. Most people angle them more, but I like the subtle way that 12 degree angle finishes out.

Thanks all and Andy for the info.

nomotorjrr nomotorjrr PM sent.

Luca917 Luca917 thanks Tony.

pertinux pertinux thanks & as Andy said there is a slight angle to the bolster. Regarding the applicable throats, none that deserve to patina this blade :eek:

I might have to try the scorpion next.

Recently received this beautiful example of the Garotte.

I'm really liking this model.

Searched but couldn't find much info on this model. Would love to know Andy's & others thoughts on this model.

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Scotcha Scotcha WOW!! stunning. Ok so if nobody is on first dibs for this one. Put me there. Let's see, how many first dibs am I on now!! :D (on the never selling list LOL)

I came up with the Garotte while monkeying around in my drawing book. I had come upon the pattern for the Scorpion, and my mind jumped to the spine curves, and suddenly I was drawing a throwing knife with similar curves. We haven't made the throwing knives yet. The Garotte just came about while doing those drawings. Its basically the throwing knife with the handle end widened and a guard added. (IMPORTANT: The Garotte is not a throwing knife.)

pertinux pertinux All our bolsters are angled 12 degrees or so. Most people angle them more, but I like the subtle way that 12 degree angle finishes out.
I'm glad you clarified that Andy (throwing knife). I would have to take that off the want list for IN. :thumbsup:

Scotcha Scotcha WOW!! stunning. Ok so if nobody is on first dibs for this one. Put me there. Let's see, how many first dibs am I on now!! :D (on the never selling list LOL)

Thanks Choppaman Choppaman will put you on top of the list :D

For heaven's sake I'm getting old, can't figure out multiquoting. Already can't understand the abbreviations my 7 year old uses. Such as NP stands for "No Problems".

Thanks Douglas & Tony :thumbsup:

I had to ask Hannah the other day what the hell SMH means. She was laughing at me for sounding it out when I read it. But at least now I know what it means.

Back