The Gunting.... PICS!

gunting.jpg

Here is the latest pics on the Gunting. You can now see the lock location. We can not discuss the lock or how it works. What we can say is that it is NOT a normal lock back, although by looking at the picture it appears to be one.

When you finally hold the knife you will understand how the lock works, maybe.

The knife is fairly self expanitory and if you are wondering what the "indent" is on the handle, that is for aiding you in changing grips (forward to reverse etc..) without loosing grip. It is quite easy to do with just your index finger and thumb.

These are going to be really cool when they hit the streets.

Bram will be at the Blade Show so make sure you visit him as he loves nothing more than to show off
smile.gif
And put bruises on me
wink.gif

Also, if you catch Sal, in a non busy moment, let him show you how fast he can draw a knife. It is quite impressive!

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
Show Your Support -Visit Our Sponsors - Click On The Banners!
Visit www.onestopknifeshop.com
All sales from 1 Stop Knife Shop help support this site!

Yeah! That is very cool! I'm very anxious to check out the new lock. If I can ask, what are we talking about as far as street price for the knife and trainer?

------------------
Megafolder Fans Unite!

Mike Melone

"Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. " Psalm 144:1
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." Thomas Jefferson

Its just you....no problemo. One is artistic to fit hole in the blade, the other is a patent-pending shape for KINETIC opening..hmmmmm....
Maybe we can see the other side with the clip?..maybe????

*pant, pant...drool* When will they be available!?

It almost looks like a modified liner-lock on the top.

------------------
Mark - AKA Excalibur

Gun Control:
Protecting our Criminals
from Work Related Injuries

there's going to be a bit more belly to the blade, the clip is an exclusive, special design! It matches up to the indexing point in the front to allow for better grip and almost instantaneous grip reversals!
There are micro grooves in the curve of the thumb ramp and larger grooves on the sabre grip side of the thumb ramp..and they truly enhance "Kinetic-opening" as well as add real pain and grab to Ju Jitsu locks...
I had a blast with it in Russia, USA and Israel...( of course my traveling companions and seminar attendees HATE IT!..hmmm I wonder why?)
Its I believe being shown at the BLADE SHOW and due out somewhere between then and end of summer..I could be wrong..Sal knows best..
VideoQuest and I are doing the accompanying instructional video in a couple of weeks and there will be a package deal of Knife, Trainer (CRMIPT- Close Range Medium Impact Tool)and tape..

Has any decision been made yet on marketing policy? Limited distribution channels or authorized sorts of customers? Or will the price of a package (a knife built to a high standard and a trainer built to the same high standard and a good instructional video) be considered a sufficient deterrent to customers who are not serious of purpose?

And will anybody who tries to sell knock-offs be made a demonstration subject for the trainer? :evilgrin:

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

Mike,

It's not nice to tempt us like that but I'm still glad that you did.
I think the Gunting looks Spyderlicious. Please show us the other side, that clip-design sounds interesting. Maybe even a pic when it's folded.
Some people are never pleased
wink.gif

------------------

Bram-
From where will we be able to purchase the knife/trainer/video package?

------------------
Megafolder Fans Unite!

Mike Melone

"Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. " Psalm 144:1
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." Thomas Jefferson

I think I've just got to have one of those! Either that or drill a hole in my Escalator.

phantom4

------------------
who dares, wins

Mike. its a SPYDERCO..soo where ever you buy your Spydie knives this should be there!
Instructional video intro tape ( 45 minutes long) being shot in a couple of weeks..will be available by the BLADE SHOW..A three tape series -step by step COMPLETE instruction in its use will be about $99 from Video Quest...
the clip is really sweet and I'll get a photo to Mike n Blade Forums very soon!..

Isn't this just a Spyderco version of the REKAT Escaltor? Or did the Gunting come first?

The REKAT Escalator was Bram's design. He's now taken the design to Spydie, and per his excitement Sal and company seem to have executed the design better than it came out in REKAT form.

It's not a case of Spydie "stealing from REKAT".

Jim

thanks Jim..yes the Escalator was my baby..It has now grown to where it should be in the GUNTING..congrats to Sal & SPYDERCOI for doing such a great job on my design and for helping me refine it!..
Yes I am excited..its really the tits as they say!
GREAT!
ask Thomas...his arm says its VERY cool!

Never one to be PC, I'll just say it. I don't like it. It's ugly, looks unwieldy to clip inside a pocket, the handle is kinda large for such a small blade, and in closed mode it would probably be classified as 'metal knuckes' or some such in my state of NJ. And if 'kinetic' opening means centrifugal/centripetal force, that qualifies as a gravity knife in NJ.

It's a great concept, but like the show cars you wouldn't buy to drive everyday, I can't see myself with one of these. No offense to Bram, Sal or any of the other Spyderholics out there, I just felt that these threads needed a dissenting voice.

You know what they say about opinions, and that's mine.

RH, "Kinetic opening" means hitting the opponent with the "spine spike" thingie while the blade is CLOSED, and using a swiping motion on the other guy to open the blade.

This has nothing to do with centrifical force and hence you should be OK in NJ.

The "brass knuckles" issue is different. In that sense, while closed this thing is very closely related to a "Kubotan" in terms of the level of force applied. The original kubotan was designed to be LESS damaging to the opponent than an ordinary steel writing pen in that it won't stab. I've heard of SOME legal hassles with kubotans, but not many.

Jim

Large handle small blade GREAT leverage..plus who needs a big blade in reality? But people need a handle that fits ones hands..GRAVITY KNIFE?? not even close..This baby won't pop open if flicked..
SOo no self righteous legal eagle or LEO can flick it and say its a gravity knife..something that certain other knives will EASILY do...I don't want it to open till I SAY OPEN..Its Kinetic..I need impact force to open it within the flow of usage..It can be RAMP-Opened..with gloves, off objects etc if you can't find the hhole..or just use the HOLE..
UGLY? guess thats in the eye of the beholder
It comes out fast n sweet cause the ramp and the "horns" ride out of the pocket and as I've said before it comes out like a mini-tomahawk...or hammer..if its in its break-a-way holster by SKUNKWORKS it really pops into your hands!
Its one of the most ergonomic handles out there..go ahead..try it in your hand first..
OK..you don't want it in your hand? no problemo...We'll see if the Kinetic opening spreads to other knives as well!
Knives are personal...so its OK if you don't ;like it!..maybe one of my future knives wil appeal to you..LOL!
AS for brass knuckle stuff? thats really reaching into FAR LEFT FIELD...for there are no knuckles to protect or reinforce..no way to fit into the description of "brass knucles"....Kubaton maybe...Pocket stick maybe....

But by God - it IS ugly as hell.

But I like it and can't wait for it anyway.

This IS a winner (and we weren't all born beautiful, said the duck...)

Large handle - small blade . . . .

Rumor has it that Ye Olde Stanley Knife - the $5 box cutter with the big fistfull of a handle and a disposable blade - is a very useful working tool and also a nasssty slashing weapon, so much so that New York City has outlawed their sale to minors.

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

Back