1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The Improved Orange Boker kwkn

Discussion in 'Boker USA' started by Lycosa, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Blade HQ offers an improved Boker/Burnley Kwaiken with Orange G10.
    Who has one?

2. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    I have one and like it. Strong detent but it's getting easier to flip it open with the new large thumb disc. You can ever so slightly catch the blade tip closed.

3. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Thanks RamZar.
    I had a Green one and sold it and immediately regretted it, so... incoming Orange any day now. This folder design is a favorite for obvious reasons.
    Speaking of catching that blade tip. Ever since this was mentioned, I can do this with other folders that I own by using my finger, even on some of my customs. It doesn't bother be though.
    rolf

4. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    The strong detent breaks in but takes time. The narrow profile is ideal for the pocket. Fit and finish are great. Price of under $100 delivered is great.

Would love to see an upscale version with a better blade, CF handle and a flipper for about $150.

5. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    And I bet you just might.

6. ThievesLikeUs

ThievesLikeUs

Aug 2, 2009
    I'm pretty Blade HQ sent Alex Dietz about 10 Kwaikens to have this exact same mod done...sans blade steel.They will be up on there site in the future.

7. Wavester

Wavester

May 5, 2008
    Just looked up the Orange Boker Burnley Kwaiken after reading about it in this thread, that is one hot knife!

8. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    It is man and the design is perfect for EDC.
    Will you get one?
    rolf

9. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    I'd be very interested in those. It begs to have CF scales and a flipper. Eventually, a better steel.

10. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    I never understood the appeal of CF until I got a Willumsen folder with a CF handle slab. That stuff covers all bases. I think CF coves in Red. I'd like to see other colors offered.

11. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    Yes indeed. Many assume that the appeal of CF scales is purely aesthetics whereas for me that's just one very important factor. Depending on the texture it affords great grip and lasts through various environmental factors. The strength and light weight of the material are inarguable. I think a greater variety in finishes will only broaden its appeal.

12. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Yep.^
    Boker now offers a Flipper version of the Burnley kwkn model.

13. minimalist

minimalist

Jul 3, 2013
    Not yet I thought. I don't even see it on their website anymore.

14. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Go to the General Forum. There's a thread about the Burnley Flipper.

15. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    Boker Plus Kwaiken production FLIPPER!

It will probably take a few more months before we see it here at a U.S. dealer.

16. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Thanks for the link.
    I just my Orange kwkn. Love it!

17. KnifeMarshal

KnifeMarshal

May 12, 2009
    Boker is on a fire!!!!

18. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Yep. ^
    I'd like to Boker offer a Leu Reduced Bluephin folder.