The Just Hanging Out Thread.

still working, but mostly from home.
work more hours, but get less done. best part is watching the Andy Griffith show with my morning coffee and cruising BF and emails.

460 cases confirmed in VA - 3 in my County as of Wednesday. We are pretty rural though

Not what you expected for spring but your in good company. Time spent with the family will reset those priorities.;) Stay strong :D
Thanks Martin!

What I've learned so far is that the love and support and most importantly lack of judgement from the wife has been incredible. It's been amazing to have been experiencing this aspect of our relationship. I've never been let go of a job ever and it's been a learning experience for me.

Here and present! I was downsized from my job in February. They shutdown the whole NY office. Nuts!

I just read this now! Oh man...Im sorry to hear that.

Thanks Martin!

What I've learned so far is that the love and support and most importantly lack of judgement from the wife has been incredible. It's been amazing to have been experiencing this aspect of our relationship. I've never been let go of a job ever and it's been a learning experience for me.
Dang sorry to hear bro! Sounds like you have the right attitude about it and are learning from the experience, which means better things to come hopefully! Quiet here in AZ. I have been practicing shelter in place for years lol. Haven’t been around here much as my other hobby makes more sense right now. It has been good to get back on the range and picked up a couple new guns to try out. Stay safe folks it is real, we have 2 very close family friends in the ICU here and on ventilators!

Dang sorry to hear bro! Sounds like you have the right attitude about it and are learning from the experience, which means better things to come hopefully! Quiet here in AZ. I have been practicing shelter in place for years lol. Haven’t been around here much as my other hobby makes more sense right now. It has been good to get back on the range and picked up a couple new guns to try out. Stay safe folks it is real, we have 2 very close family friends in the ICU here and on ventilators!
Thanks and much appreciated. Praying for all of us these days. Not much to be done until the policy for flattening the curve changes and the world is safer because of it. In the meantime doing some yardwork today with the ever impressive 9CRMo18 Muleteam received in the PIF. Don't sleep on the budget steels as they're just amazing for regular edc use!

dacQ9Es.jpg

Well folks,

I was in “self-isolation” (due to out of country travel) for the last 14 days, and its now over!!!

I’m free!! With nowhere to go. :/ lol.

Hope everyone is staying healthy.

Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery Just an update for you...

Now that spring is her, combined with being out of work, I’ve been carrying the G3 everyday. It’s become my primary EDC, since I don’t have to worry about carrying a fixed blade in the office.

I’ve come to terms with the sheath, since I haven’t been able to replace it yet. Was gonna order an Armatus for it, but the current financial situation doesn’t allow for it. I’ve found that the knife fits in quite securely upside down, so I can actually wear it for a lefty crossdraw.

As for the knife itself? I was looking at it all wrong at first, expecting to use it like a bigger, 4-5” knife. Once I started carrying it every day, wow, did I see the light. It’s totally replaced carrying a folder for me (though I still do). Just a great size and shape for an EDC knife, that feels good in the hand. It’s definitely become one of my favorites. And your scales are holding up quite beautifully by the way.

Here it is, out on a hike the other day..
OredPPC.jpg

Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery Just an update for you...

Now that spring is her, combined with being out of work, I’ve been carrying the G3 everyday. It’s become my primary EDC, since I don’t have to worry about carrying a fixed blade in the office.

I’ve come to terms with the sheath, since I haven’t been able to replace it yet. Was gonna order an Armatus for it, but the current financial situation doesn’t allow for it. I’ve found that the knife fits in quite securely upside down, so I can actually wear it for a lefty crossdraw.

As for the knife itself? I was looking at it all wrong at first, expecting to use it like a bigger, 4-5” knife. Once I started carrying it every day, wow, did I see the light. It’s totally replaced carrying a folder for me (though I still do). Just a great size and shape for an EDC knife, that feels good in the hand. It’s definitely become one of my favorites. And your scales are holding up quite beautifully by the way.

Here it is, out on a hike the other day..
OredPPC.jpg

Jaseman!

You definitely put a smile on my face this morning. :D
This current state of affairs is rough on everyone and I’m expecting it to get worse before better. I hope you can get your preferred sheath style soon, and that you and your’s can continue to enjoy good health!
On to the good stuff! I’m so very thrilled that the G3 is being put to use!! That is very exciting for me. Personally, I have come full circle. From having my collection in a case, wiping them down and oiling from time to time, to now using them for what they were meant for...use! Keep on carrying and beating on that one. Keep me updated on how its holding up during your adventures this year.
Love the photo...such a great shot. Very cool.
I don’t regret passing the G3 on to you, as you are getting use and enjoyment from it!
What a great morning!
Thank you for the post, really, it’s made my day.

Keep ‘em sharp!

AzYwhDE.jpg

Carried this PIF around today it's become one of my favorite edcs oh and I made some chicken and rice for dinner!

You guys remember the ebony block I received off the PIF so long ago?

View attachment 1317927

Finally got around to my project using it.

Started with this -

View attachment 1317928

To This -

View attachment 1317932

To This - Ebony with red jasper and copper beads

View attachment 1317933

View attachment 1317934

Pretty happy with the results though would have been better with more than a prototype run :rolleyes:

My respects & hats off to those of you who do this regularly. Surprisingly challenging little project.

Still - a cool use of the ebony. Enough to do one more (if I had one to do).

Thanks to PIF. :thumbsup:
Looks great!

View attachment 1317927

Started with this -

View attachment 1317928

To This -

View attachment 1317932

View attachment 1317933

View attachment 1317934

Pretty happy with the results though would have been better with more than a prototype run :rolleyes:

My respects & hats off to those of you who do this regularly. Surprisingly challenging little project.

Great job, Ray!!

View attachment 1317927

Started with this -

View attachment 1317928

To This -

View attachment 1317932

View attachment 1317933

View attachment 1317934

Well done

My brother-in-law is really bored that I found him setting up an electric running board on his new pick up truck. He told me that it is way cheaper to do it at home rather than bringing and buying the materials in a dealership store. I feel like he will buy more auto parts and accessories online due to the pandemic.

My brother-in-law is really bored that I found him setting up an electric running board on his new pick up truck. He told me that it is way cheaper to do it at home rather than bringing and buying the materials in a dealership store. I feel like he will buy more auto parts and accessories online due to the pandemic.

i imagine many online businesses are booming.
I know I tore into the dishwasher to give it a good once over and ended up replacing about 100 bucks worth of parts and peices.
also can't get any decent coffee locally, so its online for that as well.
wife dropped her motorcycle last fall and need to get some replacement peices for it as well.
luckily its turkey season and morel season, so I'll have something to keep me busy outdoors in my spare time

Back