The Kanji

Many moons ago Rob made a bunch of knives for Hood's Woods, called the Kanji!!! They came in 2 types os steel: A-2 and Talonite

I am a proud owner of an A-2 Kanji(# 11 of 50)

Which ones do any of you own??????;)

I still get a lot of calls for that knife! I may have to talk to Ron about adding that to the Mid-Tech line someday. (Kanji is Raven in Lakota)

I actually managed to lay my hands on one of the unfinished Kanji's. Still trying to learn to work with Micarta better before committing to finishing the piece.

Talonite Kanji, 50 of 50 with maroon micarta and concealx sheath.
Great knife and scary sharp edge.
Feel good in hand.
Picture shows faded etch and some scratch for use.

DSCN4008.JPG

DSCN4010.JPG

More pictures.
http://joe.knifenut.idv.tw/kanji/kanji.htm

Ooo! Pretty! Post more Kanji pictures! I need ideas of what I can aspire to get my unfinished one to!

Rob, definitely talk to Ron about getting that in the line up. That would be sweet.

I agree Rob...you need to get Ron and you together to discuss making them again

Hey Bry...

I as well have an unfinished Kanji blank..
Actually its at a friend of mines knife shop.. I work on it every once and awhile.. I should get my butt in gear and get it finished..:)

Hey Joe Chen....

Whats that little green dot in the picture on that concealex sheath ??

Looks a little like glow in the dark substance ??

ttyle

Eric...

Normark, it does glow but it is blue not green. I talked Joe into a trade for the Kanji and just got it today :D Way cool little feature. It looks like a phosphurous paint was inlaid there in the sheath.

Hey Bill..

Hmmmm Interesting...

What is it for ??
other than to look cool that is..:)

ttyle

Eric...

I was wondering that myself. I am guessing it helps with night time resheathing. And it looks really cool:cool:

I am the original owner of that 50/50 Kanji.

I traded it to Joe a while ago.

I paint it with this

on the sheath, it work great at night for resheath and help you find you knife at night.

2~3 years ago , we have a big earthquake here in Taiwan.and have long black out at that period.

as a knife nut, I would like to have a knife with me any time while I need it, a knife might help to save my life , therefore I came up an idea to put those glow in the dark stuff on most of my knife sheath / handle.

kanji is a good knife for sure .

Jonny

www.knife-life.com.tw

What the world needs is more custom talonite Simonichs :)
Actually, the Midtechs are excellent, and the Kanji would be a great addition, but the customs...:D

Thought I would bring this back to the "surface" so to speak. I am the proud new owner of a Talonite Kanji. Came to me the roundabout way so I didn't get a certificate of authenticity but other than that it is like new. IF I thought there was a chance that there would be a MidTech Kanji made I could keep this one pristine.

Any chance of a Midtech Kanji ???

Or does anyone have one collecting dust :eek:

Wow! That would be a great conversational piece when you show it to other fellow knife enthusiasts.

So you are the lucky eBay buyer :p

That knife and the pictures above were what got me really interested in the Kanji. Mine has Black Micarta instead of the Maroon and is identical~except it is #37 of 50 ;)

Raindrop (Greg),

Actually I am not, :) .

acquistions29, whomever he or she is, was the purchaser. That entity also bought another talonite knife too (if I noticed the name correctly), which although it looked nice, seemed to be marketed by using the Simonich name...something like, "Talonite bought from Simonich," type of thing to catch eBay searchers. I saw a thread which was making light of that fact, which is the only reason I noticed.

I noticed the Kanji because of the posts around this thread:
Kanji history, eBay sale.

I thought you might be the buyer, as the eBay one was just sold, and you said you just got one. Obviously, neither of us have the peripatetic #50. The one that is in my current avatar is #28. I guess I was half right :D you did recognize it! ;)

If you go to my home page, such as it is, Donald's modest home page.
and go to the Simonich knives page you will see I disclaim ownership, of the knife or the pictures, re #50.
---------------

I have not bought anything on eBay for a long while. Thus, when I recently got a spoof email, claiming to be eBay saying I need to update and verify my information, it took me a good look to realize the message was fake!!!! :mad: So be careful! I understand there is also a fake PayPal message going around with a virus or something.

Back