1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 41 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Knives Nick Swan Matanzas , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

The KE Bushie

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Tom Watson, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Tom Watson

Tom Watson

Mar 16, 2017
    No mods. A friend bought this for me in Switzerland so maybe it is a special edition in Europe?

2. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    looks like a No.10 or No. 8 slim line

LostViking likes this.
  3. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Damn Martin, that one is just gorgeous! I love that handle.

4. Mish_Mike

Mish_Mike

Mar 7, 2017
    The postman came to the door today. So did my first KEB! I was actually a little skeptical, like I might have some buyer's remorse, because I wasn't sure if I would like the pattern of the handle's wood pattern. I purchased this from TKC, and their pictures didn't show the grain very well. I'm quite pleased with the actual look and color contrast of the grain.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    Bmurray likes this.
  5. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012

WOW, that's stunning

6. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    @Mish_Mike

[​IMG]

LostViking and Bmurray like this.
  7. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    That's a beauty man! You made a good choice! :thumbup:

Wow, that's a good looking one as well. Is that blackwood? The dark wood with bright green moss looks awesome!

I need to stay out of this thread! I already have a Bushfinger and an OS Ladyfinger and now I'm looking for a real good reason to have a KEB...

8. Mish_Mike

Mish_Mike

Mar 7, 2017
    Oh, gosh. I really like the subtle striations in that African Blackwood. That's 1/8th, right? I'm really falling in like w/ the Muk-style blades. But the blade shape on the KEB is really a stroke of genius. Just so attractive in-hand. So tempted....

9. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    thanks odoan:thumbup:

it is blackwood

10. The Zieg

The Zieg

Jan 31, 2002
    Yah, Vance is right. It's a normal effilé. The angle just fooled me a bit.

Zieg

11. Mish_Mike

Mish_Mike

Mar 7, 2017
    I'm a pretty bad photographer. I should have placed the knife in the small window of sunlight on the fallen log, but I don't think of these things on the spot. Nonetheless, KEB ftw!!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  12. Tom Watson

Tom Watson

Mar 16, 2017
    The perfect yard work companion...

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bmurray likes this.
  13. Tom Watson

Tom Watson

Mar 16, 2017
    Mike, that handle is awesome

14. Tom Watson

Tom Watson

Mar 16, 2017
    Yes, I'm 10' up and the KEB just took down a limb on this Japanese Maple.

[​IMG]

15. rswanson

rswanson

Jun 10, 2011
    So, question...in the experience of owners of the KEB, is this the most "Woodlore clone-esque" Fiddleback? Grind not considered, that is. I'm in love with the Woodlore knife pattern and just acquired an Adventure Sworn Mountaineer which is absolutely amazing but I'd like to see how a Fiddleback option stacks up.

16. thurin

thurin Wanderer

Dec 19, 2012
    I don't have a Woodlore to compare it to, but I'd say it's definitely in that vein. Btw, you can get the KEB in a scandi. Here it is compared to a Skookum Bush Tool, which is also woodlore-esque.

[​IMG]

17. Dagaros

Dagaros

Oct 24, 2013
    I must say I do love this knife, one of my go to favourites.

[​IMG]

18. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    @Dagaros that's a mighty fine combo :thumbsup:

LostViking likes this.
  19. Mish_Mike

Mish_Mike

Mar 7, 2017
    I agree. That's a really nice one, @Dagaros. Hit me up should you decide to let that one go. I can't seem to pm you....maybe upgrade to gold? :p

20. Dagaros

Dagaros

Oct 24, 2013
    Done :p