1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Photos The knife of your dreams

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by mdeous, Nov 14, 2020.

1. 000Robert

000Robert Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2020
    2K to 3K dollars!? Is it made out of meteorites?

2. XtianAus

XtianAus Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2016
    I am with Robert, CPK Dek is my favourite knife ever. The other here on the left, is a verrrrry close 2nd.
    The Dek has a 4.5" blade length, which is perfect for me and the design (as all CPK) is a perfect balance between toughness and cutting efficiency. I use to be obsessed with ridiculous sharpened pry bars. Until I had a few and they wouldn't cut anything useful. They could pry open a tank door but their cutting ability was redundant. Then I found CPK which provide strength while still being able to cut like a laser.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  3. The Aflac Duck

The Aflac Duck Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2014
    This made me smile ;):cool:

Cvrobinson and JAB like this.
  4. CWL

CWL

Sep 15, 2002
    Well, if Santa was to leave a knife in my stocking this X-mas, I'd like it to be this Bizen tanto knife made sometime around 1580 and worth about $40,000.

[​IMG]

marchone, 000Robert and mdeous like this.
  5. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    AntDog likes this.
  6. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Nothing fancy with a lot of bling, I like the look of a traditional knife with rugged simple looks, that will get a job done. So mine would be a ML Hudson Bay knife in 3V, which is not an impossibility. :D So, one of those medium size CPK look good to as a back up. Since this a wish list, two are better than one, where the two is one rule applies. Ok, to finish the trifecta, a Chris Reeve Folder.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  7. marchone

marchone Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2013
    This came up earlier. The best fidget knife I've come across is the Monterey Bay Knives EWC. It's in the lower right with carbon fiber scales.

[​IMG]

8. mdeous

mdeous

Nov 6, 2020
    The best fidget knife was my other thread haha, but I'll still take your contribution :D (I think you meant "left" tho). Or maybe your fav fidget knife is also your dream knife?

9. marchone

marchone Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Got me on both counts. Lower left. Black carbon fiber scales.

mdeous likes this.
  10. Biochemdawg

Biochemdawg Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 11, 2018
    I’d like to take the aesthetics of a Gavko into the specs and action of a Shirogorov Neon Zero with a buck warranty. I’ll take 2.

also,
    A buck vantage large model without a flipper, skeletonized liners, and ceramic detent would be great.

mdeous likes this.
  11. Smaug

Smaug Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 30, 2003
    Mine is a simple one: A duplicate of my grandpa's old Victorinox Passenger. It was his most treasured knife. My brother or myself borrowed it and lost it for him one day a few decades ago. We felt bad about it for years. I'm having one built now, and I think it will become my favorite EDC. Or at least the most sentimental.

[​IMG]

Wurger190 and mdeous like this.
  12. mdeous

mdeous

Nov 6, 2020
    I love knives stories with a sentimental side, they're the best!

Smaug likes this.
  13. blanex1

blanex1

Feb 11, 2015
    well said brother, that's just the way I feel about my 21, it will be with me at the pearly gate when I pass though ....;)

Dcdavis and Murphjd25 like this.
  14. mdeous

mdeous

Nov 6, 2020
    Writing this post got me thinking more about my dream knife, and while I love the S5 and think it's beautiful, in terms of knives I'd really want to own I think I actually like the whippersnapper better (with the sheepsfoot blade, in one of the multiple configurations I often imagine). But it's hard to choose one, there are so many I'd love to get! (but it's the point of the exercise isn't it?)
    Having never held a Sebenza, I have mixed feelings about it. To me it has nothing really fancy, it looks like just any other high-end knife, it's a nice knife but it doesn't look like it has anything more special than another one. But on the other hand, if so many people consider it to be the best knife ever made, there has to be a reason, right? Everyone says "you have to hold one to understand", so maybe one day I guess...

15. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    They’re hitting all around it. In Maniago, SAK copy with M-390 blade. In Sekai City, SAK copy with ZDP-189 blade. In U.S.A., Canada, and Poland; SAK copies with Ti handles.

16. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Oh hell yeah. Warenski got some dreamy stuff alright.

Dream big is right. So if I'm dreaming, Sandra Bullock can bring it over Friday night and we'll cut up some breakfast Saturday morning.

JAB likes this.