The Long Search may be Over?

Gary W. Graley

“Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Finally, this long ride on finding THE knife may well be over?
It just might! As hard as it is to believe but I might have gotten THE knife and it's working out so far...

JW Smith Wharncliff in CPM420V blade with Desert Ironwood scales Ti bolsters and a nice leather sheath finally...:)
Been carrying this one for a while now and really like it a lot so I'm set!

Well, kinda, I also carry my Dobruski Ti handle stag insert butterfly knife as well, Love that knife a lot...inside a cloth sheath in my pocket...

So I'm SET...Finally!
JW Smith Wharncliff &
Dobruski butterfly

Well, kinda, I also carry my William Henry Black&Tan Lancet everyday as well, Love that knife a lot, shirt pocket carry a must!

So, I'm SET...Finally!
JW Smith Wharncliff &
Dobruski butterfly
William Henry Black&Tan Lancet

Well, kinda, I also carry my Spyderco Large Calypso plain edge, everyday as well, Love that knife a lot, front right pocket clipped..

So, I'm SET...Finally!
JW Smith Wharncliff &
Dobruski butterfly
Large Micarta Calypso VG-10

Well, kinda, I also carry a large BM Striker, M2 plain black blade everyday as well, Love that knife a lot, back left pocket clipped...

So, I'm SET...Finally!
JW Smith Wharncliff &
Dobruski butterfly
BM Striker, M2 blade

Well, kinda, I also Kershaw Double Cross folder, two bladed sweet knife, Love that knife a lot, front deep right pocket carry...

So, I'm SET...Finally!
JW Smith Wharncliff &
Dobruski butterfly
BM Striker, M2 blade
Kershaw Double Cross

Well, kinda, I also carry my Swiss Army Knives Executive, black, Love that knife a lot, had that one the longest of all, front deep left pocket carry...

So, I'm SET...Finally!
JW Smith Wharncliff &
Dobruski butterfly
BM Striker, M2 blade
Kershaw Double Cross
SAK Executive

Well, kinda, I also carry a Queen two bladed Pearl #38, Love that knife a lot, very pretty! wrapped in chamios in my left front pocket...

So, I'm SET...Finally!
JW Smith Wharncliff &
Dobruski butterfly
BM Striker, M2 blade
Kershaw Double Cross
SAK Executive
Queen Pearl #38

Well, kinda, I also carry a William Henry Spearpoint Pearl scale model, Love that knife, very elegant, in a slip sheath left front pocket...

So, I'm SET...Finally!
JW Smith Wharncliff &
Dobruski butterfly
BM Striker, M2 blade
Kershaw Double Cross
SAK Executive
Queen Pearl #38
William Henry Spearpoint Pearl

There, that does it!
:eek:
Right now I've not a knife in my sights that I'm anxious for, so the above list is quenching the thirst for more steel at this time at least so there is light at the end of the Blade Tunnel for me!!!

G2

Sure Gary, let us know the next time you're all set OK. Guys like us will always be following that rainbow, looking for that perfect knife and regaling in the search.

Gary, I guess your search for the knife is truly over:D I wish my search was over(yeah right):p But seriously I am glad for you.

Thanks guys, I didn't mention the various knives that I carry in my coat, work bag and car....

In the coat?
Rob Criswell small fixed blade
BM 43 butterfly knife

In the bag?
Rob Criswell 12" Tanto
Two SAKs, Mechanic and the Super Tinker

In the car?
BIG Wenger folder...thanks Kodiak PA!
Rob Criswell Wakizashi, 20" blade...

At my desk?
Little 88 for cutting up the fruit each morning, Thanks Win Heger!
and thanks again to Win on those Criswells also!

So with those I may be set...

There are other knives in my collection that from time to time I carry in what I call a Cameo appearance..;)

G2

What, no Sebenza?? ;) You must feel naked without one, or is that just me?

Originally posted by stjames
What, no Sebenza?? ;) You must feel naked without one, or is that just me?

I Knew someone would comment on that...if Chris came out with a nice wharncliff, I'd be all over it!!! and ya know that for sure :)

Otherwise, I just love the wharncliff blade shape, for me the most useful everyday work knife.

Don't get me wrong, the Sebenzas fall under the Cameo appearance Rule...

G2

139374-MVC-002X1.JPG

I hope I dont get your thread moved or locked for sticking in a picture of MY OWN KNIVES!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :) :rolleyes: :) :rolleyes:

:(

Originally posted by tom mayo
I hope I dont get your thread moved or locked for sticking in a picture of MY OWN KNIVES!!!!!!! ...:(

Tom, I might be able to work out a deal with Spark...you send me that wharncliff and I'll put in a good word with with Spark to NOT move this thread...then it'd be my knife shown? So we'd be cool?
What a deal?;)?

G2

ps
that is nice, blade looks a little long though...
for me, wharncliff blades need to be 3" and under...

:eek: :D :D :eek: ;)

I can just picture G2 in that movie with Steve Martin, "The Jerk", at the end when his wife has kicked him out of the mansion:

G2:I don't need you. I don't need anything. Except for this J.W. Smith Wharncliffe in CPM-420V. That's all I need, nothing else. And the Dobruski butterfly. That's all, nothing else. Oh, and this Large Calypso...that's all, nothing else....

:D ;) :D

Seriously though, sometimes I think that's about as close to perfect as us knifeknuts will ever find.... :)

Nice setup there!

Matthew

P.S. Make sure you don't walk near the water, Mister! :D

Originally posted by tom mayo
I hope I dont get your thread moved or locked for sticking in a picture of MY OWN KNIVES!!!!!!!

Actually, we're working on a deal with the local authorities to keep more than just Tom's threads locked. The airlines aren't far behind. Maybe there's a reason he's on an island. :rolleyes:

G2 -

Just curious - if you had to whittle your EDC collection down to oh, say three out of the nine you have listed (I wouldn't dare ask you to choose JUST one!!! :D), which three would make the cut, and why?

Guess I just want to know which of the nine you listed get all the work, and which ones are just for the pleasure of carrying ;)

Matthew

I'm stuck on a desert Island....again...boy I hate when that happens!... and can only have three knives...boy I REALLY hate when that happens...well lets see;

Dobruski will stay, gotta amuse myself on those long sunset nights...

William Henry Black&Tan will stay...gotta get those splinters out of my feet!

Criswell Wakizashi...for the restless natives of course...

But lucky for me there was a FedEx box washed up on shore that had the rest of my knives inside!

G2

Back