The Members Discussion Thread

Some things to show you guys..

I know you will love this one - Forest King axe in original packaging.

JBqClGP.jpg

hQRANFA.jpg

tOUoLpq.jpg

CLXVSjL.jpg

J0DWWOq.jpg

TvZiRqQ.jpg

Apropos of nothing, a couple weeks a go I had a deer hit me. Less than a week ago got the car back from body shop, wasn't even done since they messed up the electrical system.

Tonight a drunk driver rear ended my *parked* car. I think it's gonna be totalled. He hit with enough speed he pushed my car forward about 25', and his airbag went off. Apparently he was passed out. Then saw him fail the field sobriety test and put him in cuffs. Very out of the blue, this life shit. Looks like I'll be back in a rental for the foreseeable future. Ughhh

Apropos of nothing, a couple weeks a go I had a deer hit me. Less than a week ago got the car back from body shop, wasn't even done since they messed up the electrical system.

Tonight a drunk driver rear ended my *parked* car. I think it's gonna be totalled. He hit with enough speed he pushed my car forward about 25', and his airbag went off. Apparently he was passed out. Then saw him fail the field sobriety test and put him in cuffs. Very out of the blue, this life shit. Looks like I'll be back in a rental for the foreseeable future. Ughhh
Man that sucks! Hopefully you'll be able to recoup all your money. Let's hope he has insurance...
About 10 years ago I built a really stout small building over someone's hand dug well about 30' from RT.1 in Maine. 2"x6" construction and very well insulated. It could be heated with two light bulbs in winter to keep their extra paint from freezing. I think it was 8'x6'. Basically a tiny house. Anyway it was Halloween about noontime and some drunk @sshole in a mini van went off the road down the street. Jumped a driveway, ran over two junipers, jumped their driveway and plowed through this building. It had a Dodge caravan shaped hole through it by the time I got there. Guy didn't have insurance. I could barely salvage anything so I built em a new one. They could've used their homeowner's insurance I think I remember but they didn't want their premiums to go up. I have pictures somewhere but it was so long ago I think I've lost them. Like 4 phones ago I think!
That's horrible fmont and hopefully you'll be up and running in no time! Hopefully you didn't have any precious tools in the trunk??? Please tell me no!

Last edited:
Thanks YJ, I appreciate the kind words. I'm sure everything will come up Milhouse. Insurance will cover it and the rental. Worst case I have to sue the guy for the deductable. Gonna take up a lot of time, but gotta roll with the punches.

*Because there is an axe on the album cover.
*Because my grandson (Sam) is an axe collector. ;)

I have six grandchildren, including two boys: Sam and Jake. The boys are now 18 and 19 years old. Sam is the youngest of the two. I got the two boys their first pocket knives about 10 years ago. Here is Sam with his new knife:

Cz4yhLm.jpg

The next year I got each boy a new hatchet. Of course they were both thrilled - the parents not so much :eek:. I thought it was my duty as a grandfather to get them started early, right?

A few years later I put together a couple of full size axes with vintage American steel:thumbsup: for each.

Currently, Sam has an axe collection of 10 other axes. Here is a picture from last year of him with one of them:

CK7s5w8.jpg

:D:D:D

Sam, grandpa loves you buddy!

Bob

Back