1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The mighty ZIRH ( zuuurgh ? )

Discussion in 'Kitchen Cutlery & Tools' started by bradlox, Feb 15, 2015.

1. bradlox

bradlox

Aug 1, 2009
    just wanted to share my new kitchen knife , a self birthday present .

this is my Turkish Zirh , and its a small to med size !!

1/8 forged high carbon quite nice wide thin grind , mystery wood handle .
    cost me 30 turkish lira (around 12 usd )

lenght overall is 15 1/2 "
    blade length 11'' (about 12'' of edge )

has a great belly ! most well known for chopping cubes of meat , rocking and chopping herbs , cutting up servings of pide ( kind of thin basic pizza ) .

hope you like ......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

check out this one !! LOL !!

[​IMG]

2. Fritz MacKrieg

Fritz MacKrieg

Jul 22, 2014
    That's pretty sweet! I wonder how it compares to the Korean rustic knives I've seen on the bay (even bought one from HwaSeung forge).

3. bradlox

bradlox

Aug 1, 2009
    I Don't know about the Korean knives , I'll have to give them a look . I'm Really happy with this thing so far . Had to sand some of the edges over. Super sharp cutting edge , chops herbs great and works great for serving pizza !

4. lachopperboy

lachopperboy

Oct 29, 2011
    hi bradlox!
    i ve been looking for one of these but i can not find them in the states. where did you get yours from? please let me know, thanks.

5. Michellelee

Michellelee

Oct 3, 2018
    I too am looking for a Zirh.. Have not been successful finding it anywhere besides turkey and cannot find a place to ship