The Model #1's

If possible I was like to call dibs on the clip point.

This run is all spoken for, second Dibs on the clip is the best I can do right now.

I can try to get an extra Clip caught up to where this batch is at, I can't give you my word right now, but I'll try to make that happen and keep you posted. After these three are done I'll be doing another run, so there will be another opportunity.

Sounds good, whatever works best for you. I don’t want to throw you off from your process and schedule. I’ll definitely keep watch for opportunities in the future. Thanks

I appreciate the interest and the patience, we'll get it in the works. Meanwhile, what can we call you in here?

So I've got this piece of Amboyna Burl that I want to use as a spacer between the guard and the stacked leather, an inch at most. When it's gone, I'll probably go to African Blackwood and switch things up with a nice piece of burl every once in a while. If anyone has any ideas on these, I'd like to hear it.

Ok, so the Odd Couple Bowie's are finished, these are next.

Here's where we're at right now. I'm almost done with a reorganization of my shop. I'm setting up a permanent area for leatherwork. Before when I needed to make a sheath, I had to clean off my bench, bring out my leather tools and pretty much put everything else on hold until I was finished, not the best workflow.

One of the things I'm gonna start doing is posting more shop pics, machinery and tool pics. By no means will it be impressive so don't get your hopes up. We'll start with a pic of this heavy old desk, sitting on two old steel truck boxes (to lift it higher so I can stand up and work if I want), with the top half of a roll top desk setting on it, nothing but the finest around here. The nice thing about the roll top is I can close it up and keep whatever I'm working on clean while I run the grinder or whatever else I need to do.
IMG_20171119_202714-1024x1435.jpg
A workbench sits to the left of this desk, and my main bench, the MOAB (Mother Of All Benches), sits directly across from that. The MOAB has 110 and 220 running to it and is home to my main work space, covered with the floor tiles you usually see in the background of my pictures allot of times, it has a bench vise in each end, a small drill press, a Milwaukee Portaband on a Swag table, a KMG variable speed grinder, a Grizzly grinder w/ buffer, an overhead rack for grinder belts on one side, and hand tools on the other. I'll get some pics of that as we get going here.

:D
lkyJL.gif

Back