1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendation? The Multi-tool Dilemma

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by AaronEasterling, Apr 6, 2018.

1. AaronEasterling

AaronEasterling Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Alright here is my issue. I need an EDC "multi-tool" and the reason I emphasize that is because all I really want is the pliers as the main function, maybe some relatively good scissors, and maybe a bit attachment. I already carry two knives so I don't need a third. Wouldn't ever use the bottle/can opener (you have pliers so I never have seen the need for bottle openers on multi-tools) plus if I am ever somewhere I might need these I would have a Super Tool 300. Really I just want some good pliers I can carry clipped to my front pocket.

I already have a skeletool and it is alright, I just don't like carrying it clipped because reaching into my pocket is a pain since the skeletool has sharp edges (guess I could remedy that with a file and sand paper, but I also don't need the unnecessary stuff on it.)

At this point I feel like I just need to design one to my liking :(

sparklygalaxy likes this.
  2. Rupestris

Rupestris Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2006
    Take a look at the Leatherman Wingman. Affordable and pocket friendly.

3. mg357

mg357

May 31, 2012
    I also suggest the leatherman Wingman it has a good set of pliers and a very good set of scissors which are accessible from the outside of the tool so you don't have to open the thing and search for them.

sparklygalaxy likes this.