The (New and Improved) old school Schrade thread

If it says imperial not IKCO chances are it is after the 40tys and Schrade was affialiated at that time. However the name change came when they closed the Prov RI plant in the 80tys and moved the stuff there to Ellenville and production to Ireland.

the third ulster could be pre 46 however I believe again it was after Baer accquired the firm and once again was part of the conglomerate if you mean it was made before Schrade moved to the Ulster plant in Ellenville probably.

Now if that isn't confusing enough I could relate some more falacious trivia history. LT

Does anyone have any information on the 130t? How to determine age,specs,lenght of production ect? I have searched for info and the only mention was on this thrread! Thanks Fred

Great knives, all. This is a fine thread.
Here are examples of the first texas toothpicks I ever owned.. all Imperials or Hammer-brand Imperials. Is one solid handled old Imperial in the pic as well. Fun to collect, fascinating to find the unusual colors and patterns. And cheap. They haven't gone down or up significantly in price for twenty years.

Attachments

• cheap.jpg
    cheap.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 23
Gentlemen,

Here is a new arrival, anyone familiar with this handle material ?

web 234k.jpg

It's Delrin K horn, it replaced the celluloid on the older versions of the Butter & Molasses knives.

K horn ie delrin second version of k horn which originally was celluloid. circa 1958 until early 70 tys approx ( Ellenville ). Let me know if you want more info. LT

Thanks,

Incidentally LT, its the 19th century Smith & Wesson pistols I was referring to in the 804 thread. Schrades are my first real interest in knife collecting, guess I just like an honest tool for the working man.

That was my understanding and they were some nice pistols Unfortunately my knowledge about them is limited. That was my inference. LT

I thought this thread deserves a bump. There are some old school Schrade collectors in here.

Most of the photos were removed by the original poster in June 2006.....not much to see and even less to read...but I agree times have changed in what we can discuss in the last 7 years..for the better..IMO .Hoo Roo

I might as well kick this off again...I'm sure some of these have been seen before...

SW735004.jpg

SCC2157003.jpg

SCC365001.jpg

Schrademetal3.jpg

Schrademetal2.jpg

sccbarlow007.jpg

A couple Imperial outers

ImperialOuters.jpg

And here is something fun. I collect the Imperial Tu-Tone patterns, and a little while back, a friend sent me a repro card for the pen style Tu-Tones. I hauled out all of mine and threw them in the card and snapped a quick pic.

tt9_zps20ac0bad.jpg

Hey Glenn,took a little stroll down memory lane, I'd forgotten what an extensive collection you've got, VERY nice!! Here's a few to add to the mix, including some obscure items:

cta8g.jpg
[/IMG]

mqcsx.jpg
[/IMG]

n2bfa0.jpg
[/IMG]

344z093.jpg
[/IMG]

2zznk39.jpg
[/IMG]

Eric

8913_f.jpg

Schrade Cut Co 8913

Eric - That teardrop is a dandy! And how long is that pen of yours with the bar shield?

Last edited:
Thanks Hal! The pen is 3 5/16" with sunk jounts and very slim, it's amazing how thin they could make the covers back then. #7783B on p.45 of the catalog.

Nie stock knife!

Eric

Back