The New Busse Combat American Kensei 47 Wakizashi

Jerry Busse

We are proud to introduce the new American Kensei 47 (AK-47). It derives its moniker from its blade length of 47cm which is 18 1/2" long. I started making these short wakizashis in the late 80's as a custom maker and once we started Busse Combat we continued the tradition. The original AK had a 15.5" flat ground blade and was made from A-2 tool steel. This new generation features our new convex (Patent Pending) "Corrugated Bevel Technology" on an INFI blade, which produces a much stronger sword with greatly reduced friction when cutting.

Instead of posting pics here, I will provide a link that shows the new AK-47 along with some pretty cool destructive testing pics.

http://www.bussecombat.com/knives/

Thanks for looking,

Jerry

m10commander said:
Hi Jerry, Can you tell me what is the delivery time on AK-47? Thanks

The AK-47 will only be offered direct from the Busse Combat Shop for approx. 6 weeks. Delivery will begin within 6-8 weeks after the order period is completed.

The AK-47 will then be retired for approx. 1 - 1 1/2 years. It will then be brought back again with some different optional handles etc. . . .

There will also be some available after the delivery period direct from the Busse company store located at www.bussecompanystore.com

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry,

Just looked at your great websites. Most impressive. Something caught my eye, and that's your Air Bleeder adjustable strop. Are spare belts available, and what about spare parts, or field expedient repairs?

BTW, your AK-47 looks great. Very nice, in fact...

Take care, have fun, and stay safe...

Carter Leffen

Carter Leffen said:
Jerry,

Just looked at your great websites. Most impressive. Something caught my eye, and that's your Air Bleeder adjustable strop. Are spare belts available, and what about spare parts, or field expedient repairs?

BTW, your AK-47 looks great. Very nice, in fact...

Take care, have fun, and stay safe...

Carter Leffen

Carter,

Sorry I didn't see your post until now. . . . I see that you're from southern Maine, my wife and I just returned from Freeport, Maine and spent some time at the Kittery Trading Post on the way home. . . .Ever been there?. . . It's an ocean of guns!!!

To answer your question, we do have spare parts available for the "Air Bleeder" strop but have never needed one repaired. It is a very simple design and has little that can go wrong with it. . . . Well, I did have a company rep run a blade the wrong direction once, (edge down, into the leather strap) which did carve it up pretty bad!!!:eek: :D But, other than that, they are pretty much bullet proof.

Thanks,

Jerry

mmm......Interesting Jerry,

Myself am practicing Tameshigiri for over 21 years.
From practical point of view, I am more technical than tradionalist in relation to katana production. Sooner or later advances in technology and production processes surpass tradional methods. So how does a L6 Katana/wakizashi stand up against one from INFI when involved in life enactment ?
From a metallurgical point of view a good finished sword must have an edge hardness of 60/61 on the Rockwell C hardness scale. The hardness transition goes to 45 Rockwell just above the hamon to 36 rockwell at the mune. What properties does the Busse blade have exactly in relation to hardness-zones and flexibility ?

In the past I had to use a katana for Tameshigiri and one for life enactment, because of the absence Niku in one and Niku in the other. Is the build-up of the AK-47, used material and applied process such, it can be be used for Tameshigire and life enactment.

:confused:
Thanks,

Gerard

I followed the links to the two sites I found but didni't see the AK-47 you were talking about. Is it there and I simply missed it?

Busse will put up a couple knives at a time for preorder and you have to get in on it or you miss out. The AK went off the site last week sometime and the next 2 knives are up for preorder. If you want an AK you'll have to wait until they're finished and the Busse Company store gets some in or until someone puts one up on the secondary market or until Busse Combat gets around to offering them again. Welcome to the forums. Your wallet will hate you if you stick around too long.

Back