The Next Ryan-like?

I think I saw a post like this awhile back but, I wanted to see what everyone thinks...As everyone knows, Steve Ryan makes some MEGA-SIZED, awesome looking folders but, they are just about out of reach.
So, my question...Who is the next Ryan-like maker?

My vote goes to Jeff Hall and his Bounty Hunter series..!

Now, i know someone on here bought those that TAD had..so lets see your pics and lets hear some comments!

Check out the grinds on some of Ferret's work...very Ryan-esque.

I'd have to vote for a Peter Marker Maxi. That is one awsome knife. Here's my Maxi next to my SiGPro 2340.

standard.jpg

Ryan-esque?

Is that like being Mayo-ish or maybe very Simonichy... :D

I think since Steve and some other helped break the conventional mold, you'll be seeing lots more makers working outside the box over the next couple years. It should be a fun time for the knnife enthusiast.

Holes! Holes! Holes all around me!

I think "wicked" is Ryan's signature more than over-sized. I'd like to nominate Reese Weiland, Ferret, and Mike Snody. And any Pirela design, of course. All have the tendency to go "hawkbill psychobilly" every once in a while.

Zero

Since someone mentioned Ferret and he has made an appearance on this thread, I thought I would post a picture from one of his threads in the Gallery forum.

Heh heh, and that's a civilised one...there is some terror forthcoming...
On a serious note, while appreciate the attention, let's keep in mind that I only made my first folder some 8 months ago and I've got a lot to learn...Steve Ryan is truly the master of out there aggression and innovation and I really don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath.
(humility mode off)

Jim,

No offense, that knife looks exactly like the Kloztli Walker.

Jeff Hall, is a great choice. Steve and him are friends. I can see Steve influence on Jeff's new bounty hunter series. But that is where it ends. Jeff makes his own vision. His folder have great fit and finish. He sold out quickly in Vegas.

Liong

Liong,

Your Eroder design immediately came to mind when I saw this question. Now that's wicked.

Zero

Back