The NEXT SALE

Can anyone help me understand how this K20 preorder is gonna go down today?

Is it a mad rush like any other sale where you have to get your post in during the opening seconds?

Or does anyone who gets their post in before a closing time frame get in on the pre-order?

Thanks all.

Last edited:
Can anyone help me understand how this K20 preorder is gonna go down today?

Is it a mad rush like any other sale where you have to get your post in during the opening seconds?

Or does anyone who gets there post in before a certain time closing time frame get in on the pre-order?

Thanks all.

Friday sale rush, but you should be ok making it within the first 100 posts.

How does the payment proces work on a preorder? Is it the same as on a Friday sale?
The last pre order was :

50% non-refundable deposit in advance. Once your order is confirmed there are no refunds, changes or cancellations other than accommodations for change of address.

Once your sword is out of heat treat and it is clear that the sword that you ordered will be viable I will request the second half of your balance.

International orders will need to pay 100% in advance.:

The last pre order was :

50% non-refundable deposit in advance. Once your order is confirmed there are no refunds, changes or cancellations other than accommodations for change of address.

Once your sword is out of heat treat and it is clear that the sword that you ordered will be viable I will request the second half of your balance.

International orders will need to pay 100% in advance.:
Thank you!

How does the payment proces work on a preorder? Is it the same as on a Friday sale?
It has varied. Nathan does payment in full on preorders and will admit it's a terrible practice. He only does preorders because of the Will of the People, really. Sometimes he will only do half up front. The K18, first-round K20, and Shiv preorders were half up front. I expect because the K20 process is now dialed in that it may be full up front.

I'm not comfortable taking full payment on the swords yet. The sword is going to be 50% deposit with balance due upon completion of a viable heat treated blade. We did have something like 30% loss on the last run so this is certainly not fool proof.

Last edited:
I'm also going to limit the sale to three per person. I want to avoid a situation where we get a bunch of folks ordering large amounts and the numbers getting too crazy. I don't want to dedicate an entire year to sword production and a massive order could screw up our normal knife production. Remember, we are a small shop...

I'm not comfortable taking full payment on the swords yet. The sword is going to be 50% deposit with balance due upon completion of a viable heat treated blade. We did have something like 30% loss on the last run so this is certainly not full proof.

This will accelerate the onslaught like the last time again but I do understand and appreciate your concerns. Perhaps you’ve thought of a way to make things more orderly this time? Limits? Priority, FCFS again?

ETA: sorry, didn't see the earlier post of 3 max per person.

Thanks for answering my Qs in your new preorder thread. Please ignore this Q as it is now redundant. Thank you Nathan.

Last edited:
Back