The next super steel

Its not marketing when you have a job to do and you don't want to sharpen every 5 mins. I've got and use maxamet, m390 etc and it's all worth it to me. But certainly not to everyone. It's also a value or status thing to others. It's more so the people that want these steels.

In the case of say crkt putting s35vn on a shit quality knife like the Pilar and charging way to much for it .. That is marketing (but then again the fanbase did ask for it)

im not saying the product isnt worthwhile. I'm not saying its only sold because of marketing. I'm not calling it hype.
I'm saying that marketing is a necessary part of the equation to drive advancement and innovation to bring us the new products.

The rest the world will catch up to the UK and start using corrosive acids for EDC tasks.

I thought the UK used long swords, long bows, Star Wars type laser knives, Hogwart School of Witchcraft and Wizardry type magic spells, Vikings, or just bashing pints over the noggin of the bad guy as their every-day-carry protection method. I stand corrected.

Last edited:
Back