The Next THK GAW -June 2016

Discussion in 'Terrio HandMade Knives' started by james terrio, Jun 17, 2016.

1. james terrio

james terrio Sharpest Knife in the Light Socket

Apr 15, 2010
    A few weeks back I attended the Spring 2016 Beckerhead Gathering at Ethan Becker's place. Along with a boatload of great memories, fascinating stories, new friends and terrible jokes, I walked away with a Ka-Bar PotBelly knife, designed by a fellow named Steve Johnson. Here's what it looks like out-of-the-box:

[​IMG]

Now obviously it doesn't look quite like that anymore, because I simply cannot lay my hands on anything without modifying it to some degree.

It has been fully Terrio-fied. It is now either an even better knife, or a thick-headed direct insult to the original designer... regardless, pics of the final monstrosity will be presented here at some future date, as interest demands.

I like this thing quite a bit! I would not feel under-knifed carrying it almost anywhere.

But frankly, I already have plenty knives, and it only seems fair that I give it away to someone. Especially since it came into my hands by the generosity of Ethan Becker and Ka-Bar Knives. So I think a little contest is in order, and I'm asking you all for ideas for a theme for this give-away.

Naturally, pics, true stories, and tall tales are encouraged. ;)

2. Odog27

Odog27 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2011
    You could just give it to the first person to post in your thread.

3. Rupestris

Rupestris Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2006
    :thumbup: I'd love to see the changes you've made.

As for a giveaway idea, I'm stumped. Maybe a "let's see your customized knives" thread? Maybe a throw back to grade school with a "What did you do on your summer vacation?" thread?

4. james terrio

Apr 15, 2010
    You will. Eventually. The knife I modded isn't really the point...

That's a GREAT idea... wait... whut? :grumpy:

I was thinking more along the lines of something someone has done to help someone else out with knifey objects or teaching them knife-type skills... or vice versa.

5. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    well, drat.
    where do I find pics of me helping youngsters forge out knife like objects.......
    I am amused that post #2 suggests giving the knife to poster #1 -- who is trying to give the knife away. ;)

6. james terrio

Apr 15, 2010
    Yeah I was confused by that too... :confused: Nice try, though :D

7. Noswad0208

Noswad0208

Sep 8, 2014
    You could send it to me, and if I don't like it after 30 days you can buy it for full price. :D

8. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    I have an idea,have a pass around with the same knife and how used, then everyone gets a chance to play with it, and those who participated can have their names put into the drawing and the winner drawn from a random number. Then the knife can have a spa treatment before being sent to the winner.

9. james terrio

Apr 15, 2010
    Passarounds are fun, but they tend to take approximately a billion years. :/

I have something a bit simpler (and quicker) up my sleeve. ;)