The next to the last downsize giveaway!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, May 28, 2020.

1. jackknife

jackknife Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Oct 2, 2004
    Okay, its a SAK, but I'm posting it in here, the traditional forums where I feel so at home with good friends who appreciate a good SAK being traditional. Its a older recruit, with the old tang stamp, and a serrated blade. Yes, one of the serrated blade SAK's. It was gifted to me and I haven't carried it much so its going to a good home where I hope it will be appreciated.

I'm only going to consider regular members of the traditional and multitool forum and regular contributors. If you're just passing through, don't bother to apply. Your post number will be what goes in the old khaki bucket hat and pulled at random by my better half of two many decades. I'll let the giveaway run through the weekend and pull a ticket on Monday morning. Good luck all.

2. SDknifeguy

SDknifeguy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 19, 2020
    Im in please

3. A.S.

A.S. Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2017
    In for this one! Appreciate your generosity.

4. JonMcD

JonMcD Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2020
    I'd love to put my name in. Thanks for your generosity!

5. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    Not an entry, please.
    Good luck to all who enter. :)

6. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Thank you for the giveaway. I have four boys and I know at least one of them (read: all of them) would love an SAK. Count me in!

7. chuck4570

chuck4570 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 21, 2010
    not an entry but great gesture. good luck to all.

8. rishma

rishma

Jun 22, 2008
    My son bought himself a SAK this week. It’s the first knife he ever bought himself and I was so pleased he chose it over a silly modern thing. He bought a super tinker and I was inspired to find my tinker small and it’s in my pocket today. The recruit is nearly the same knife, a favorite size for me, but since I have this tinker small to enjoy I will sit out this GAW. Not an entry for me but I know the winner will love it. Best of luck. [​IMG]

9. CVamberbonehead

CVamberbonehead Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2017
    Im in, thanks. Ive never had a SAK with a serrated blade, that would be cool.

10. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    I'm in if I can be allowed to enter for Paul Hilborn.
    Lately he's really been into those vintage SAKs.
    Thanks Carl and good luck to all.

paulhilborn likes this.
  11. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Recruit is my favorite SAK. Serrated blade :). Please count me in.

12. jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    Of course you can. I know Paul has a love of the old soldiers! Consider him entered.:thumbsup:

Storm 8593, 315 and redsparrow like this.
  13. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    In because it's jackknife.

14. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Always wanted to try one of the serrated Swiss Army Knives. Thanks for the chance, I'm in!

15. abbydaddy

abbydaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2014
    I would like to enter on behalf of my son. He is clamoring for a knife of his own. I am not about to trust him to use it without constant close supervision any time soon, but red is his favorite color, and I think he would love a SAK.

Storm 8593 and JTB_5 like this.
  16. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I already have a recruit and don't like serrated blades so I won't be entering but I appreciate the generosity.

I've got a handful of knives myself that I have to pass on in some way.

17. Storm 8593

Storm 8593

Jan 4, 2019
    I'm very happy with my Pioneer that you helped steer me too, and also have a recruit.
    Just wanted to commend you on making someones day. Keep up the good work chap:thumbsup:

18. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Great GAW.
    Not in, but here's a picture. Basel, 1967.
    [​IMG]
    Twenty years ago I sent it back for free repair of the reparable damage I'd done it.
    [​IMG]
    This side says, "Victorinox/ Switzerland/ Stainless/ Rostfrei.

19. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Jack, I’d love a serrated blade SAK, so I’m in please. But I have enough SAK’s already and only have a few in mind that I’d really like to get my hands on so if I win can you send it to @abbydaddy for his son? I’m sure he’ll use it growing up more than I would.

abbydaddy, CHNeal and jackknife like this.
  20. jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    Consider it done!:thumbsup:

Jolipapa, abbydaddy and 315 like this.