The OFFICIAL 2017 BLADEFORUMS KNIFE purchasing thread

Dang, looks like I missed out after all. No email confirmation. I was preoccupied when I was ordering and must have missed clicking something somewhere. I remember signing into paypal but must not have completed the order because it's still in my cart. :rolleyes:

Note to self: Knife ordering deserves your full attention. :p

Totally stoked for everyone who got one and looking forward to seeing lots of photos! :D
I used PayPal too and didn't get a confirmation from Barry's site but my account shows a payment was sent and the money was deducted. Barry if there's a way to confirm for me, I was one of the first to pay so I shouldn't be hard to find.

Here's my PP Transaction ID # 2GM41406EG459234E I'm still showin' it as paid so I'm gonna assume I'm good for 2, guess I'll find out in September ;;)

Got in for one, pure luck! Thank you Barry, Charlie and everyone that put this together. Adding my first Barlow pattern to my GEC collection, will be a user like the rest.

Attachments

• IMG_0342.JPG
    IMG_0342.JPG
    368.9 KB · Views: 22
I used PayPal too and didn't get a confirmation from Barry's site but my account shows a payment was sent and the money was deducted. Barry if there's a way to confirm for me, I was one of the first to pay so I shouldn't be hard to find.

Were we supposed to get an email from Barry's site? I'm in the same boat as you, money was sent and I have confirmation emails from paypal only.

I did get an automated email confirmation from Barry's site.

I wonder if it would be a good idea to lock this thread now? Keeping it open might cause people to think that the knives are still available and that the buying process is ongoing?

Guys, I have purposely undersold the 2017 BF order to prevent overselling and consequential problems. Remember, the final number of 500 is not written in stone, and there will likely be some seconds. When all is said and done there should be a few knives left over for sale, both first quality product and possibly a second or two. At that time, I will post a thread for those of you who didn't get a 2017 BF knife and would like a chance to buy one. Winners will be chosen at random for whatever knives are available and I will then put up a link for the winners. OK?

This is as fair as I know how to be, but if you have a better suggestion, I'm open to hear it.
very smart, sir. well done

Here's my PP Transaction ID # 2GM41406EG459234E I'm still showin' it as paid so I'm gonna assume I'm good for 2, guess I'll find out in September ;;)

I'm sure you're covered, but If you do somehow get missed you can have one of mine.

When I ordered I got confirmation from PayPal but didnt get one from gunstock , I then checked my junk mail and there it was not sure why it came thru that way .

Guys, I have purposely undersold the 2017 BF order to prevent overselling and consequential problems. Remember, the final number of 500 is not written in stone, and there will likely be some seconds. When all is said and done there should be a few knives left over for sale, both first quality product and possibly a second or two. At that time, I will post a thread for those of you who didn't get a 2017 BF knife and would like a chance to buy one. Winners will be chosen at random for whatever knives are available and I will then put up a link for the winners. OK?

This is as fair as I know how to be, but if you have a better suggestion, I'm open to hear it.

You really can't get any fairer than you have been.

All forum members knew the knife was coming and knew the ordering instructions were coming. I knew to order as soon as I saw the ordering instructions if I wanted one.

All pre-sales are done! Thanks to everyone for their support!

Now the wait begins....
That was certainly quick as compared to last year. I haven't logged into the forum in about a week and the result is this year's knife is sold out already. Such is life. Certainly don't need one. Hope everyone enjoys their's when they are completed.

Missed out, as well. Was out camping when the orders opened up.
Bummer.
Next year... maybe.

Darn, I missed this one too. First traditional forum knife I missed since 2012. Guess I'll have to wait till one pops up later :(

Missed out, as well. Was out camping when the orders opened up.
Bummer.
Next year... maybe.

Darn, I missed this one too. First traditional forum knife I missed since 2012. Guess I'll have to wait till one pops up later :(

Check out this post below from Gunstockjack

All forum members knew the knife was coming and knew the ordering instructions were coming. I knew to order as soon as I saw the ordering instructions if I wanted one.

In all honesty, these knives stuck around for longer than I thought they would. I expected them to dry up the same day they were posted on GSJ's.

Back