The official "stuff you want neuron to ask Darrel about" thread

The recently bumped thread on the G-10 Gunhammer protos got me thinking that there are quite a few things floating around that you guys might want me to check in with Darrel about. So rather than combing back through old threads to find everything you guys might have a question about, I figured it'd be easier and better just to start a thread devoted to things you'd like me, your friendly neighborhood mod, to ask Darrel about when I talk to him (about once per week). It also makes my job a bit easier since it provides a central place for me to collect your questions/comments and then pass along Darrel's answers.

All DDR/HTM-related questions and suggestions are welcome. That would include ETAs on announced/prototyped HTM models, other new models or features in the works, suggestions/ideas for features you'd like to see on the knives, new items/accessories you'd like to see in the lineup, or whatever else. Ask away!

If this thread becomes an ongoing feature of the forum, I might have to find a better way to keep it organized, but for now I'll just be keeping and updating the week's list here in the first reply. I've added a couple to get us started.

1. Updates on G-10 HTM Gunhammers
2. Updates on 4" Ti framelock HTM Gunhammer

I'd sure like to hear updates on the 4" Ti framelock HTM. Especially with a carbon fiber scale on the front side, hot damn. Did anything ever come from that thread about the product ideas (pens / mini prybars / keyfobs, etc?)

Saw this on the HTM facebook page. was wondering if this configuration will be offered in the regular HTM line up soon or if it was a custom job.

Saw this on the HTM facebook page. was wondering if this configuration will be offered in the regular HTM line up soon or if it was a custom job.
It's definitely HTM from the logo on the blade, but judging from the fact that it's just a scale laid over a blade (screws/pins, no locking side scale, etc.), it may have just been a spur of the moment idea that was never even assembled into a finished knife! You don't often see inlays on stock HTM knives, so I'm thinking you might be right that it was a HTM Custom Shop piece. In any event, I'll check with Darrel about it.

Updating a few other things, I talked with Darrel at length about the G-10 and Ti framelock variants. The next HTM Gunhammer variant in the pipeline -- and it's *very* close to being ready, Darrel just needs some feedback from you guys to decide how to proceed -- is actually sort of a combination of those two: it's a 3.5" titanium framelock with a G-10 or CF scale on the presentation side. I'm just waiting for Darrel to send me some detailed pics of the protos of both the G10 and CF variants so I can post up a dedicated thread on it and see what kind of response/interest there is in it.

With HTM caught up on the backlog that the move from Ohio to Texas created, Darrel said he'd like to revive the discussion of what gadgets, etc. folks would like to see from HTM. :thumbup:

I would like to know when the 4" Gun Hammer will be available.

I'll ask.

My own sense is that Darrel ended up prioritizing the 3.5" Ti framelock HTM Gunhammer over the previously planned/announced 4" Ti framelock, and that at least in the short term it's taken the slot in HTM's lineup for a Ti framelock Gunhammer. I'm not sure of the exact reasons he went that route, but probably a combination of broader potential appeal (3.5" seems to be sort of a "sweet spot" in terms of blade length for a lot of people) and some production synergies with the current 3.5" HTM GH (shared blades and some other parts). But like I said, I'll ask what the status of the 4" Gunhammer is; I've been waiting eagerly for it myself.

Is there any chance of a new pocket clip for the gunhammer models? The current clip, while it functions fine, carries very high especially in the tip up configuration.

Back