The OLD CLOSED Post Your Campsite/gear/knife/hiking/anything Outdoorsy Pic Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WVHILLS

Gold Member
Would anyone else like for there to be a campsite/gear/knife/hiking/anything outdoorsy sticky pic thread??? I can't speak for anyone else but I really enjoy these type of pics (especially this time of year) And we are never short of good pics in this forum:thumbup:. Just something I've been thinking about for awhile

Sounds good to me. I will start.

009.jpg

This is a good sticky Idea. In a bit, I'll post a sticky thread with the title WVHILLS suggested and merge this one into it.

Let's see what you got! Funny pics welcome, portraits, anything goes except X-rated. R-rated and below is okay.

From my younger days when I forgot to get a haircut too often...Glacier Nat'l Park. John Lennon wannabe reject. Also a shot of a lake in Glacier from about 2 miles away and a mile up.

Attachments

• Hippe-man Brian.JPG
    Hippe-man Brian.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 882
  • Glacial Lake top of cliff.JPG
    Glacial Lake top of cliff.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 444
Here's some serious use of a very nice Busse blade - the Cultellus:

bam2.jpg

I'll contribute a couple of pics I took at Big Bend. If you want to see these in full resolution and a few more, you can check out the set for them here.

419677676_fd00abf3a1.jpg

419675258_4d423ea8ec.jpg

419683463_36d893dae8.jpg

Fall geocaching raid in the Gatineau Park...

I know; fire prohibited, but one need to practice firemaking skills once in a while :D

015.jpg

It worked!

018.jpg

Of course, I found the cache :)
042.jpg

Teaching up at Boston PD. Outside.

Attachments

• Boston-hi-risk14web.jpg
    Boston-hi-risk14web.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 662
Here's a picture from our Loch Lomand campsite last year, just to prove that Scotland isn't always raining:

pics04.jpg

The nest pic is from a previous trip to Scotland, before I got married. It's taken at the base of Ben Nevis (the largest mountain in GB for those who don't know). I saw the sign, and decided that was the way for me! Well, one just has to do these things. The main route up the Ben is a long, boring, tourist-ridden path. This one was surprisingly tourist-free...

I also set a personal record for the ascent. I arrived at about 3pm, intending to just reccy for the next days climb. But the weather was nice and I couldn't resist. I was also much fitter that year than I have ever been before or since. I ran up a lot of the mountain. I free climbed the small waterfall mentioned on the sign. Nearer the top is a boulder slope. Like a scree slope but with scree the size of washing machines. And it moves a little like scree. That bit was, erm, fun, especially when a boulder I had just jumped onto moved about 5 feet :eek:

I was in the pub at the bottom enjoying a pint of Guinness before nightfall. That was one of the best evenings I have ever had.

pics03.jpg

2 Dead, Boston Strangler captured

Boston.jpg

Start em youg I say

FrankieMP520008-1.jpg

Our answer to child predators

Polkowski008.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back