1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

The one you can't put down?

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by clampdaddy, Mar 18, 2017.

1. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    I'm sure I'm not the only one that can't walk past his stack of blades without one of them calling out to him to come over and play. My current lineup is fairly diverse, from coated SR101 to res handled Elmax to satin LE and Custom Shop Infi but for some reason whenever I see that stack of steel, the BG Boss Jack lures me over for a feel.

So, what's the one you can't walk by without picking up?

2. Noxious Fumes

Noxious Fumes

Sep 7, 2011
    Rodent R3.... actually my daily user.

Next, my BG ASH-1..... fits me soooooo right!

3. Blade Runner 7

Blade Runner 7 Affordable Anodizing Services Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 26, 2010
    I love the flat grind on the BG Boss Jack but for me it's the UGLE.

4. TommyGun56

TommyGun56 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2014
    The Urban Fudge and Urban Grudge, In fact at this point I am ready to declare them my Favorite Busse Knife Period! In my opinion this is a rare all around user that can be used for field work, camp work, kitchen duty, Self Defense, or Field Dressing, etc etc etc! Great Knives
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  5. zombieassassin

zombieassassin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Nmfbm

6. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    A buddy of mine got an UGLE and that is indeed an awesome blade. I almost pulled the trigger on one but shied away because of the spine. Instant regret once I got to handle one

7. MitchConner76

MitchConner76 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2016
    My cg ash 2 that I had Josh at RazorEdge beadblast and shine up. It has become one of my favorites.

8. Noxious Fumes

Noxious Fumes

Sep 7, 2011
    ...yup.... I Agree. That one just doesn't call to you.... it screams to be picked up!

Mine is stowed away, so I don't get to see it often. Another sweet one is the SOB.....

9. ExtraBaconPlease

ExtraBaconPlease Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2016
    Flat grind HG55 when I had it...regret selling it

10. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
    I pay special attention to my regulator, its my first busse kin blade and is a serious user, I want it to know that even though I have many other nice blades that I still love it and it will always have a special place in my heart.

11. zmbhntr

zmbhntr ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿ Platinum Member

Jul 28, 2014
    This!

12. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Today I'd have to say AMS, because it's the one I'm always picking up. :thumbup:

Small enough to grab and throw in my pocket or forget about on my belt. Tough enough to deal with yard work or fire prep. Just big enough for some food prep and works great as a table/steak knife. It's always there!

[​IMG]

13. Maggot Brain

Maggot Brain Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Honestly, so far I can't say I have that 'one'... having had probably approaching a hundred or so Busse/kin come through my possession over the years. I think the closest thing so far has been the Choilless Basic 10 LE, but you don't see those much anymore sadly. The Basic 8 LE is close but the choil really barfs me out despite what would otherwise be an excellent field knife. The Boss Jack's are great too, but I really want a choilless one with Res-C handle. Scrapper 5 is pretty close also, along with the Mud Mutt which was very similar, 511 too.

That being said, I've kinda given up on 'The One' for these reasons... in fact my only Busse or Kin I currently own will be the HOG Muk LE I have coming on a trade, which I have high hopes for overall despite the fact that I am fully expecting there to be something about it upon receipt that just bugs the crap of me. A lot to like though, great cutting geometry, actually useful amount of belly for skinning/rocking cuts, compact yet substantial, tip centered in blade, no choil... I'm afraid... truly afraid... because I really can't find anything that bothers me about it right now. Only time will tell I guess... I know... I'm a tough customer... sorry Bossman.

14. Snakebreaker

Snakebreaker

Feb 7, 2013
    My ASH1. Bussekin, Chopweiler and RMD.

15. lozdesign7

lozdesign7 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Basic 6 or TG Crusader.

The Basic is such a great size... and the zero edge grind has me constantly studying it.
    The Crusader, because I wanted one for so long and sold my TGLB... plus the hand feel. Its hard to put down (or not pick up).

Lawrie

16. Ratman79

Ratman79 Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 5, 2016
    my comp. SOB and the Son of Swat le. I just spent a couple hours today sharpening and polishing up the SOS and it really is a great knife!

17. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Love my bossjack.

18. donscpoo

donscpoo Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

^^^this - my SJTAC. The finishing and workmanship is the finest among all my Busse and the handle melts in my hand.

Don

19. kniferMan

kniferMan

Jul 16, 2011
    Either one of these... It's a toss up :)

[​IMG]

Adding these too because they also get a lot of time. I honestly can't really choose, it just depends on the day and the mood.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  20. cricketdave

cricketdave Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2008
    The Bg Mofo and team gemini are tied for me. With a slight edge to the Mofo it feels perfect in my hand.